Help issues with Reception?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nobodeuno

Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
First time poster here...just found your website and there is a wealth of info here. I usually post on some other forums and figured I would give this one a try.

Anyways, my question is I have had some reception issues the past few months. Sometimes the picture will pixelate and studder momentarily. It seems to be happening more regularly now and I don't think its anything weather releated. I have had DTV for about 3 years not at my current residence and its only gone out due to weather a hand full of times. I have a 3lnb dish w/ 2 hacked DTivo's (running 4.0.1b) and 1 R10 HD Receiver. I have seen the outage occur on both Tivo's so I don't think its these units or related to the hacked OS (Since they have been this way for quite some time and this is a relatively new issue).

I'm curious if this could be a alignment issue or something like that or maybe a probelm with the multiswitch...etc Should I just call DTV and have them come out...I'd rather fix it myself if its straight forward.

Also I shoudl note that I was measuring the signal on one of my DTivo's and noticed that one of the transponders (I think it was 119) wouldnot pick up any signal on the B tuner on any of the channels...the A tuner worked fine...not sure if this is related but I doubt it is.

Anyways any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. I haven't searched much so feel free to tell me to STFA if its in there.

Thanks,

Justin

With an exception of 119 B tuner....they all are ~80-100% They fluctuate when panning throughout the signal channels but for the most part they seem to be in that range.

Signal levels of 40-50 percent can cause your problem. Is your problem showing up on certain channels or across the board? One transponder that is showing up as weak could affect upto 12 channels if they are on that particular transponder.

If you are getting a low signal on one transponder it could be it is on a spot beam and you don't pick that transponder up good or not at all in your area. Here I only have 60% on transponder 4 and 0 on 16 and a couple of more. Most of the time if you have a signal problem it is not going to be on only 1 transponder it will be on a number of ones. You want to check odd and even transponders and high and low transponders.

It could also be one the lnb or switch going bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)