Help, Lost all my Horizontal tp's on C-band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
Here's what I have. A dmx741 lnbf on the big dish, and a ku lnbf on the small dish. The ku is running throw the 22khz switch of the dmx741. I can receive H and V on the ku, but not on the c-band, only Vertical tp's. So I assume the right voltage must be making it's way out to the lnbf's. (Side note) the small dish is mounted to the big dish, so the alignment should be ok if I'm getting ku. What else should I check before assuming the C-band lnbf is bad? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks: Long Hair

First thing I would do is disconnect the Ku from the 741 and recheck the operation. If that brings back the the polarity switching, then you have a short someplace. If the 741 still acts up, then I would move on to hooking up the 741 by it's self running both c and Ku like it was designed and recheck. If problem still is present, then I would replace the 741. If the problem goes away, then something in your setup is causing the problem, or there is a compatibility issue between the lnbfs? At least you should be able to isolate the trouble by seperating the lnbfs. Have a great day!

First thing I would do is disconnect the Ku from the 741 and recheck the operation. If that brings back the the polarity switching, then you have a short someplace. If the 741 still acts up, then I would move on to hooking up the 741 by it's self running both c and Ku like it was designed and recheck. If problem still is present, then I would replace the 741. If the problem goes away, then something in your setup is causing the problem, or there is a compatibility issue between the lnbfs? At least you should be able to isolate the trouble by seperating the lnbfs. Have a great day!

Tried with just the c-band connected with the same problem.(verticals showing up on both V and H tp's) Also checked the voltage on the coax at the dish it was reading about 19volts. So it's safe to say my connections are good. And the ku-band lnbf is off of an old dmx same lnbf that's on the 741 just moded to fit a superdish, so compatibility is good. I also have a cheap sat meter so I can see when the voltage changes. Is it common for these lnbf's to go south out of the blue?

Humor me....

One line in from the 741 by it's self. Run the switch that is built in and set the receiver accordingly. From the way I read your post, you are assuming that because the lnbs are the "same" that they are compatable but you did not seperate them. I learned a long time ago never assume. Chased my tail many days doing just that. If the lnbf has the same problem on it's own, then time to replace it as something is not right and doing the above will eliminate all other possibilities.

Humor me....

One line in from the 741 by it's self. Run the switch that is built in and set the receiver accordingly. From the way I read your post, you are assuming that because the lnbs are the "same" that they are compatable but you did not seperate them. I learned a long time ago never assume. Chased my tail many days doing just that. If the lnbf has the same problem on it's own, then time to replace it as something is not right and doing the above will eliminate all other possibilities.

I did this yesterday, still setting with just the c-band nothing else. I guess I'll break out the old ADL RP3 C-ku and see what I get. It will give me a good reason to enjoy the nice weather they're having. I'll post back after I check it out.

Hooked up the ADL RP3 C-ku and I now have my Horizontal tp's back. So it's safe to say the lnbf crapped out on me, I guess I'll be doing the Flintstones thing for now(Controlling the skew with 4Dtv and watching the openbox s9).What would be a good cheap C-band lnbf? Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)