Help me build my FTA system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zaxxon

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Dinwiddie VA USA
I have a C band system with a 922, 10 foot mesh dish with C and KU lnb's.

Now I want to build a FTA system, here are my parts. Help me put them togeather to build the best system.

Dish: six foot solid with H/H motor, eight foot and ten foot mesh dish with actuators.

Receiver: Coolsat 6000, Coolsat 8000, 4DTV 922 and 905

Dish mover: G-Box and six or so C band receivers.

LNB: BSC621-2, Chaparal C/KU, several KU LNB's.

Can I receive any FTA on the 905 that I don't receive on the 922????

Thanks

Shalom

I have a C band system with a 922, 10 foot mesh dish with C and KU lnb's.

Now I want to build a FTA system, here are my parts. Help me put them togeather to build the best system.

Dish: six foot solid with H/H motor, eight foot and ten foot mesh dish with actuators.

Receiver: Coolsat 6000, Coolsat 8000, 4DTV 922 and 905

Dish mover: G-Box and six or so C band receivers.

LNB: BSC621-2, Chaparal C/KU, several KU LNB's.

Can I receive any FTA on the 905 that I don't receive on the 922????

Thanks

Shalom

Zaxxon,

I am not a guru with C band equipment, so I cannot answer Q's regarding what items are better or best out of what you have available. But, I am a little confused about your request...

Do you just have all this equipment available and do not KNOW how to put it together or that you want to know which components are the BEST to match with eachother?

With what I do know, I would say that the Coolsat 6000 is great for Ku and C band digital, and the 4DTV receivers are excellent for analog. I know that the BSC621-2 works well, my brother has experiemented with it, but I don't know what to compare it with.

Beyond that, I don't know if I can tell you much about the C band dishes and movers.

You might wish to clarify your request and exactly what final result you desire.

Radar

Hi Radar

Yes I have all of the equipment that I listed, just looking for the best use of it to build a FTA system.

What would you use to build a FTA system with the listed equipment.

What I am looking at is using is the 6 foot solid dish with the H/H motor, the BSC 621-2, the G-Box for the dish mover and use the Coolsat 6000 and Coolsat 8000 for the receivers.

I would use only the Coolsat 8000 but it does not have a blind scan.

Hi Radar

Yes I have all of the equipment that I listed, just looking for the best use of it to build a FTA system.

What would you use to build a FTA system with the listed equipment.

What I am looking at is using is the 6 foot solid dish with the H/H motor, the BSC 621-2, the G-Box for the dish mover and use the Coolsat 6000 and Coolsat 8000 for the receivers.

I would use only the Coolsat 8000 but it does not have a blind scan.

Zaxxon,

I honestly cannot tell you anything about the C-Band dishes and actuators. However, I would pick the Coolsat 6000 receiver over all the rest for everything from Ku and C!

The 4DTV receiver might be good for a while to view the few remaining analog channels available on C-Band, but you would have to contact a provider and purchase a subscription to turn it on.

You could ask Walrus about the 4DTV. He has one, and a subscription to something, but I am too unfamiliar with that. I think the subscription comes through the dealer or seller of the 4DTV receiver and you can select which providers withing a specific package.

That's thes best that I can tell you. Hold on to that CS 6000!

Radar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)