Help me convince my condo board to allow dishes!!!!!!

Do people without south-facing balconies have clear vertical airspace above the balconies they DO have? I *think* the FCC has gone so far as to rule that you have the unalienable right to put the dish on a mast (resting entirely upon a private balcony under your exclusive control) that's high enough to clear a roof.

If that's the case, you have a nice, big club to beat the association over the head with... either they install a set of dishes for the collective use of residents, or they'll get to watch 36" dishes go up on 30 foot poles resting on a private balcony floor peeking up and over the roof :-D

miamicanes said:
Do people without south-facing balconies have clear vertical airspace above the balconies they DO have? I *think* the FCC has gone so far as to rule that you have the unalienable right to put the dish on a mast (resting entirely upon a private balcony under your exclusive control) that's high enough to clear a roof.

If that's the case, you have a nice, big club to beat the association over the head with... either they install a set of dishes for the collective use of residents, or they'll get to watch 36" dishes go up on 30 foot poles resting on a private balcony floor peeking up and over the roof :-D

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. A 30 foot pole in a bucket???

Lostcause. No there aren't any switches to remedy that without building a commercial headend system and that is too expensive for this application.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. A 30 foot pole in a bucket???

With other options available, you're right. But sometimes, when condo associations go into "bully" mode and make life difficult, it's nice to know that individual unit owners still have a nuclear bomb or two to drop on them and tell them to f**k off. Can you think of *anything* more tantalizingly delicious than having the FCC's blessing to go around a condo board that says, "no" and exercise an inalienable right to erect something that looks a HUNDRED times worse than the setup they said "no" to? (particularly when there are enough neighbors with wrong-facing balconies/patios who want satellite to applaud, but not enough to override a board determined to vigorously resist any and all efforts to permit even the slightest deviation from the norm).

Dish Rock

This got me past my HOA.

Do a google search for "dish network rock cover".

You will have to find a place to put it but it works well...

Good luck.

cool. I'll check it out.

Any other suggestions? I don't want to hit them over the head with the FCC rules since they're already aware of them and are really not objecting to dishes mounted on private patios.

I just need to convince them to be nice and allow those who don't have a southwest facing patio to mount them on the roof (common area).

Dishes in condo's

I have a suggestion
Move, I hate condo's apartment's and townhomes, too many rules, too many restrictions, too many association fee's and people who bit#ch about stupid things, get house and put lots of antennas and dishes on it and enjoy that wonderful television

dodge, unfortunately that's not an option. I live in miami where the price of real estate has skyrocketed like you cannot imagine. I would love to be able to move somewhere else, but consider that even a small 2 bedroom apt that in reality is worth about 110K is selling here for 200K and up at the moment. With those prices, many middle class people have been priced right out of the market here. I can't even afford a townhouse. The ratty ones start at about 200K right now. Condos are my only choice unless I move out of miami (which is certainly an option I have given serious consideration to).

Basically, I'm stuck with what I've got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)