Help me decide on a new TV

Sony 240HZ 3D led TV here... love it. The picture quality just floors me.

Some advice, from experience, avoid the "SMART TV" and get a Roku instead. Besides being a 200-300$ upgrade feature, it very slow and limited. Takes a good 2-4 minutes to load either Youtube/Hulu or Netflix and to play something whereas the Roku does it in seconds.

I flipped from between LEDS and Plasmas for a good month until the day I bought. I visited 6 stores, compared and the Sony was the one which stood out for me.

Cheers, K

Run the Fox News, or any other similar logo, for extended periods of time. Or leave finding Nemo running in a loop over the weekend.

S~

What brand do you have? If you said, my apologies, I missed it. I just wonder if one particular brand is more susceptible than others.

Most that have pannys in this thread have said that they have had zero issue with this. I watch alot of static image ticker channels, and while it may linger for a small amount of time, it has never been permanent.

To OSU, do the LGs have a "whitewash" feature? If so, may want to give that a try.

My first plasma was a Samsung, it was several years ago, but I can not recall it being an issue with it either. Since then, I have had 5 panasonic plasmas counting the two I currently use. If they are more prone as you say, then I must be lucky. lol

What types of settings are you using? Contrast and brightness maxed? Vivid mode? Do you use pixel shift?

I was a custom installer, designer, and dealer for over 16 years before selling my business. Also ISF and THX certified. I have never seen Vivid mode in my home in my entire life. All of my sets are calibrated using ISF mode, THX mode, or both when applicable. IR is still possible as is Burn-in.

S~

Curious what tv

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I should have said mine had image retention and I used the white wash feature on it.

I would have to look for the specific model number on my dads. It is last years 60in LG model in the $1200 range. I used the white wash feature on it and the burn in started to fade. Will take a few more sessions.

Not sure how his got it because the tv is never on with the dish screen saver displayed for more than a few seconds.

I love both the plasma' s and newer LED's and would have no problen going with either one. They both provide amazing images when properly calibrated

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sony 240HZ 3D led TV here... love it. The picture quality just floors me.

Some advice, from experience, avoid the "SMART TV" and get a Roku instead. Besides being a 200-300$ upgrade feature, it very slow and limited. Takes a good 2-4 minutes to load either Youtube/Hulu or Netflix and to play something whereas the Roku does it in seconds.

I flipped from between LEDS and Plasmas for a good month until the day I bought. I visited 6 stores, compared and the Sony was the one which stood out for me.

Cheers, K

I agree with you about the "Smart TV" and also 3D. Unfortunately, in order to get the best display tech, you have to get those features. The models that don't have them also don't have as good a display.

I have a roku already, although we don't use it a whole lot, mostly for Amazon instant video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)