Help Me Please!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JoshS

Original poster
May 7, 2006
Ok i'm really going crazy trying to instal my FTA Dish...Of course im a newbie and I need some help.

My Fortec Star (model: FC-80cm) Dish is really whacked! When I install the base and the pole and make sure it's plumb, there is absolutely NO side adjustment for left to right. I am installing a stationary dish. Am I supposed to install the base and poll and then drill new holes to get the right Azimuth? Is this normal for a dish to be set up like this?

I also bought the Coolsat 5000 Platinum and it does't have Galaxy 3/C, it does however have Galaxy 3/C C for C-band and the directions don't tell me how to add new satellites...anyone know what i'm talking about? I called the dealer and I think they're chinese and their english wasn't the best so no hope there. Thanks for any info anyone can give me...

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Thats whay its always a GOOD idea to buy from our GOLD sponsors here :)

The only way to really make sure the pole mount is exactly level and plumb all round is to offset the foot of the mount until its plumb and level all round. I usually check this BEFORE drilling holes in a roof, so looks like you may have to re-drill.

Attachments

• mountpole.gif
    mountpole.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 147
Yeah I the plumb is ok and looking at the picture you gave for an example, the problem is the dish won't swivel around that pole, it can't go left or right....what am I supposed to do? Thanks for the quick reply you gave

Thanks...Also how do I add a new satellite on my Coolsat 5000 Platinum Receiver? The direction don't tell me how and Galaxy 3C is NOT programmed in...

If you have KU only, just go to the Galaxy 3C spot and rename it

Set LNB to "Single" and Frequency to 10750 (might be listed as LO...this right now is probably at 5150)

Save and go into manual scan and enter the following
11780 Freq
H polarity
20760 symbol rate

That is CCTV and is really strong :)

Sorry do not have a Cool sat, but you could still use the G3C C slot just add some KU Freq. to it.

C-Band signals have 4 digit Freq.

KU-Band signals have a 5 digit Freq.

Alright thanks Iceberg. I did what you said but it's still not working. It show's about 90% power but jumps from 0%-9% signal strength no matter which direction up or down left or right I point it. If i'm aiming in the general area wont' it reflect it? Thanks, JoshS

Has to be BANG on with KU band signals, we are talking millimeters here!

Unless you are within about 5mm you will get no signal, the pointing of the dish is that critical!

So I need to find the left/right direction first right? And then the elevation? If this is so How do I find the Azimuth(left/right) if i'm way of on the elevation? It's like you can't have one without the other. What is the procedure for doing this? Also where should I be placing my compass to get the accurate reading for where to point the dish? Thanks. JoshS

A compass is just a guide to get you in the ballpark, the signal quality meter is what will tell you you are on the satellite (If loaded with LIVE TP.)

After ensuring the mount/pole is exactly plumb and setting the elevation on the dish slowly move the dish east and west, a few mm at a time, waiting 3 seconds after each move, after you have scanned the above "ballpark" only then adjust the elevation slightly and repeat above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)