Help me setup my coolsat 6000 Premium Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
I want to use my Coolsat box to connect to the BUD which has a BSC621C-2 LNB on it. I am at 82 degrees west and I consulted Icebergs list of strong transponers. If I am to go for my most southerly bird it would be AMC 9 at 83 West.

I set the dish to due South and then the elevation to 79 degrees ( from dishpointer)

So the question is how to set up the box to find these strong transponders.

This is what I think :-

main Menu--dish Setting-enter
scroll to AMC 9 lnb power on
lnb type single
lnb freq 10750
22khz of
DiSEqC switch off
Legacy sw off

exit
leave motorised settings alone since dish is moved by Legacy II

Blind Scan
scroll to AMC 9 Highlight Press oK then press it

then I am looking for a quality colour bar in green and hopefully some names in the TV column. If not then I tweak the elevation a little and try again.

Have I got this right or am I missing something ?

I am assuming that lnb power on means the box is delivering either 12 v or 18v to change the polarity.

Many thanks for any advice

Tony

I believe the BSC621-2 is a Universal Ku LNB, so it would setup something like....

lnb power on
lnb type Universal
lnb freq Low: 9750
lnb freq High: 10600
22khz: Not used for a Universal LNB
DiSEqC switch: 2 for Ku, (1 for C Band, LNB Freq:5150)
Legacy sw off

Tonydix,

When you get to dialing in your most truest southern satellite, use the following transponder to get started:

Frequency: 11778 MHz (11.778GHz)
Symbol Rate: 4232KS/s or 4.232 MS/s
Polarity: Horizontal
VPID: 4130
APID: 4131

This is the AMC9/3F feed channel. Since it is a feed channel, you may only witness color bars and test tone when no content is being delivered, but it is the strongest signal from this satellite (AMC 9 @ 83.0W) so it will be your best signal to try to lock onto as you are dialing your dish and motor in.

RADAR

Tonydix,

The other main transponder on the satellite (83.0W) is:

Frequency: 11735 MHz (11.735GHz)
Symbol Rate: 4440KS/s or 4.440 MS/s (see note below)

RTN East
VPID: 32
APID: 33

RTN West
VPID: 37
APID: 38

NOTE BELOW: (LOL) The symbol rate may not be as critical as you think. You can try 4440, 4444 and any value up to 4610 if you need to. But, the official symbol rate is 4444KS/s according to Lyngsat.

This transponder is difficult for most everyone to maintain, let alone find, so don't start looking for this one until you have found the transponder I menntioned in my first post. The RTV TP is weak and difficult for most, but I assume you will want to dial it in eventually as that is where the two best retro channels are found.

RADAR

thanks forr the advice Radar and lak7.
i assume that having put in the strong transponder

I should just do a manual scan.

is this correct ?

Many thanks

Tony

With the correct Transponder info entered into the Receiver, you should see the Quality Meter "light up" when correctly aimed at the Sat.
On 83 west, the TP 11775 H 4232 is very strong
Another to try is 12160 H 30000, there are no Channels, but you should get a good Quality reading.

Have you gotten any C Band from any Sat yet?

thanks forr the advice Radar and lak7.
i assume that having put in the strong transponder

I should just do a manual scan.

is this correct ?

Many thanks

Tony

Tony,

Yes, when you get a TP to light up your quality bar with good readings, then just manual scan that one TP for starters.

Also, note that Lak7 and I have listed slightly different frequencies for the AMC9/3F feed TP. 11.775 vs 11.778 GHz. Don't be too critical of this unless you experience a major problem. There is a bit of wiggle-room in the TP frequency so it may deviate a little from receiver to receiver, normally. You might even detect a variance here with the same receiver and blind scanning at different times.

There are some other brands of receivers that are really picky on this (so I have been informed), but, you needn't worry with your Coolsat 6K, though.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)