Help me switch....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dgenx321

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Calcutta, Ohio
I just spoke with a fairly hepful man at D*. But I have a few questions that I know you guys can answer.

Im dropping E* after ten years. My bill has skyrockted to $16o a month for the everything pack and HD and add in all their fees its just too much for TV. So I called them up and asked if they had any kind of promos. They said that I would just have to go to a lower package.

So I'll just go to Direct. They didnt seem to care.

This is what I would like with D*.

One HDTV DVR and I'd like it to be able to get OTA via the rec.
Two SD DVR TV's. Do I have to pay for the second DVR?? I think $99...

Now after reading Im confused by the whole house DVR and what it can and can't do.

After the promo period Im looking at $125 a month vs Dishes $160. Direct includes Fox Sports Pittsburgh in my DMA where Dish forces me to pay another 10 bucks a month to get it.

Thanks for any help.

I just spoke with a fairly hepful man at D*. But I have a few questions that I know you guys can answer.

Im dropping E* after ten years. My bill has skyrockted to $16o a month for the everything pack and HD and add in all their fees its just too much for TV. So I called them up and asked if they had any kind of promos. They said that I would just have to go to a lower package.

Now after reading Im confused by the whole house DVR and what it can and can't do.

After the promo period Im looking at $125 a month vs Dishes $160. Direct includes Fox Sports Pittsburgh in my DMA where Dish forces me to pay another 10 bucks a month to get it.

Thanks for any help.
The DVR with a built in OTA tuner is the HR20. Tell them you want an OTA tuner. If not, you can get the external OTA tuner, the AM21 that can be added to any HD DVR/Receiver.

I believe the promo is currently for one free HD DVR and one free HD receiver or SD DVR. You will have to pay for the second SD DVR. It will be $99

The MRV only works with certain hd receivers, no sd receivers. To make it work you will need to hook your sdtv's to hd receivers.

Thanks for any help.

You're in the Youngstown market/DMA? If so, then the MRV will be easily achieved if you decide to go that route. Matter of fact, you would only have to specify ONE of the receivers to be HD, since everything else is MPEG4 anyways.

correct.

So in those MPEG4 only markets you buy additional receivers as SD receivers and D* upgrades the account to the corresponding MPEG4 (HD) version

To the OP. I asked a CSR about Multi Room Viewing. I wanted a HDDVR and one HD receiver and the SD receiver, all free. When "Carlos" said the SD would not allow MRV, I told him I would pass. He suggested I upgrade the second receiver to HD for $99 and use the RCA jacks for my SD TV. I said no. He then gave me the second HD receiver free. I mirror my SD set off of that receiver using the Y/R/W output jacks... I have 3 HD sets and one SD set, all with MRV.

After the promo period Im looking at $125 a month vs Dishes $160.

I think you are looking at more than $125 after your promo ends. More like $140 probably (if you get free HD for life).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)