Help me to reprogram my HomeSat 8600 IR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ronald W. Wilson

Original poster
Oct 12, 2014
Centerville, Ohio
My church paid for my satellite and receiver. I have the HomeSat 8600 IR and I wish to add more programing so to have more FTA programming. So the question remains. Is there anyone in the Dayton, OH area which can tell how to do this. My email is ohiochefron@gmx.com and my home lane line is ***-***-**** if you do call please call between the hours of 10 AM SUN thur FRI and not after 9 PM Eastern Standard Time please.

Staff Note: If you can help the OP please email them for their number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this setup procedure below on the internet. No experience with these boxes so use it at your own risk. You didn't say what type or size of dish you are using but you will need a proper sized dish aimed at the satellite if it isn't already. You can use www.dishpointer.com for that. Enter your location and it will give you all the info you need. Use www.lyngsat.com to find the frequencies and symbol rates for the satellite you want to receive channels from. Appears the box has only DVB (No DVB-S2 support). The instructions are for Galaxy 19 (97W) so that would be a good place to start as it has a strong signal with a lot of DVB channels. They also mention vertical polarity only so don't know if the box is built for that only or if it is capable of horizontal too. It appears to be fairly limited so if at all possible you should probably try to find a way to upgrade to a more modern box. Good luck!:)

To Set HomeSat IRD's up for FTA service:

• Move antenna to 97 Degrees West, Vertical Polarity KU BAND
  • Power up IRD
  • Press Menu
  • Scroll to Installation
  • Scroll to Factory Default and Press OK
  • Enter Password 0000 And Select YES for System Reset
  • Press Menu
  • Scroll To Installation
  • Scroll to Service Searching
  • Scroll to Manual Setting
  • Input PIN 0000
  • Scroll to D/L Freq and enter transponder freq listed in Lyngsat
  • Scroll to Symbol Rate and enter the symbol rate listed in Lyngsat
  • Scroll to NIT Search and Select On (Right Arrow)
  • Ensure LNB Freq set to 10750 for Ku Band Reception
  • Press OK to Add Channel and Select Yes.
  • Do this for each transponder with FTA channels needed.
  • Channel will be displayed in upper box. Press Exit Twice and Channel map will be added.

P.S. You might want to ask the moderators to move this thread to the FTA Receiver Support section so it gets more views.:)

I looked up that reciever online how old is it I couldn't find a date on it? I would try for a newer reciever they go for about $100 brand new.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)