Help me with LNB for Cassegrain Antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GRX

Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
It wanted to know if someone had experience with Cassegrain Antenna, because I have one of 6 meters with subreflector,
which needs is the LNB and not where to buy or where to have information.

I have Lnb Invacom QPH-031(offset) and believe that they are not for that type of antenna.

Help me please

Six meters?! Wow... nice find. Did it come from a station? I know where to get a couple of 3-ish meter dishes from a local station (they'd be mine for the taking if I asked), but they have no LNBs and are Cassegrian. I am reasonably certain a standard LNBF won't work.

rayydio said:
I am sure that iammike will chime in as he has one of those dishes. Nice find!

Chime!

Take a look at my beautiful avatar. I saved a Cassegrain dish from a terrible fate last summer. I think they'll outperform the same size standard dish every time. Mine is only around 7.5', and I can peg the signal meter on a couple of the stronger 4dtv sats. A 6M dish is awesome. You ought to be able to blow pretty much all of us away with the signal strength you get with that bad boy, but you don't want to put a QPH-031 on it. You definitely want to be able to do both C and KU. I'm using a Chaparral Corotor 2 plus with mine. I got it here:

http://www.thesatelliteshop.net/hypercart/PictureFrame.asp?Sku=cbandcombo1&categoryID=70

I'm using the bargain basement lnbf's that came with it, and have had no signal issues. Take a look at the C-band forum also. There's lots of info on the big dishes there. There's also a few guys that have been around big dishes forever, and can really help you get started right.

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)