Help me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I am looking at two blu-ray players. Panasonic DMP-BD30 for $489.00. The pioneer BDP-95FD was $999.00 I can get it for $699.00. Both rate very high. Please help me out. I am not rich but if the Pioneer is better i will spend the extra money on it.:confused:

I'd stay away from the BD30. As per CNET "BD30 has no internal decoding for Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, or DTS-HD Master Audio." so unless you have the very newest handfull of receivers you can't listen to Hi-Def audio on your BD:confused:. What the heck were they thinking??? Also performed only OK with upconverting standard def content(The CNET reviewer in the video called its upconverting abilities 'disappointing'). So if your like me and have a huge library of DVDs and was looking forward to seeing them at near HD quaility and not wanting to re-buy the same title again in hi-def, you might want to stay away from this player.

For $500 don't you think you should get a little more.

I hope you didn't think you could slip that endorsement in without me noticing.

PS: How is it being a boo bird to just point out the facts(flaws). Yet another attack on someone for pointing out a BD flaw. Does anyone here see the trend?

I knew you could not stand it, once again you only offered why someone should not buy the BD30, not why they should buy another player.

Hate to break it to you, but many(as did myself) have bought the player without caring about the audio playback. I knows its a big issue for you with that high end rcvr you bought and the $700 pioneer bd player you own. Oooops, almost forgot your also the guy to ask because you had a BD30. Right? :rolleyes:

Quit yapping about upconversion and your lame article quote, especially since you've been told by more than ONE OWNER of a BD30 on here that it upconverts nicely.(yepp, we both had toshiba's to compare it too)

Man, someone find you a hobby. What ever are you going to bitch about when the BD50 arrives? Oh yeah, prices.

BTW, to the OP, Id wait and buy a new sony or the BD50.

Once again I can’t stress to you enough how much I'd stay away from the BD30. As per CNET "BD30 has no internal decoding for Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, or DTS-HD Master Audio." so unless you have the very newest handful of receivers you can't listen to Hi-Def audio on your BD. What the heck were they thinking??? Also performed only OK with upconverting standard def content(The CNET reviewer in the video called its upconverting abilities 'disappointing'). So if your like me and have a huge library of DVDs and was looking forward to seeing them at near HD quality and not wanting to re-buy the same title again in hi-def, you might want to stay away from this player.

For $500 don't you think you should get a little more.

OP don’t let all the other BS posts cloud the issue stay on course and what ever you do stay away from the Panasonic BD30.

Thanks guy with all the help.I got a good deal on the Pioneer-BDP-95FD. Looks like the Pioneer has all the little thing. And i think looks better. The main selling points were ( ethernet ,looks,front lite dimmer, And i can change the resolution from the remote even when the dvd is playing.Just as the Panasonic had no problem playing disc the Pioneer had no problem also.Not like the Samsung and sony players do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)