Help! My HOA wants our dish moved!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tell the HOA if they keep f**king with you about this you are going to have a 100' tower with seperate UHF/VHF antennas installed and you're still not moving your dish.

File the complaint as detailed as possible on their form and forward any correspondence to your HOA. If it starts to get ugly, the FCC will back you up. No need for an attorney unless they start breaking other laws.. going on your property w/o permission... damages.. vandalism.. harassment..

My parents went through this with a HOA in Northern VA.. the covenece stated the dish had to be secured as to not cause harm to a passerby, not be in or within 5' of a common area and had to be hidden as much as possible. The only place they could get LOS was on the side and measured was 5' 3" from a common walkway.. they threw a fit because the lawn company apparently used that area to "turn around" Anyways after a complaint filed and a forward to the HOA board they sent an "Approval" letter oO

Thanks guys. I called an electrician and was told it would be at least a few hundred dollars to install a ground that is bonded to our main ground. He said a grounding rod doesn't meet code and doesn't recommend it. I think spending the $$$ is an unreasonable expense. Will keep you updated on what happens!

Thanks guys. I called an electrician and was told it would be at least a few hundred dollars to install a ground that is bonded to our main ground. He said a grounding rod doesn't meet code and doesn't recommend it. I think spending the $$$ is an unreasonable expense. Will keep you updated on what happens!

I would check with the HOA one more time to verify that, that is all they require you to do to be legit in thier eyes, BEFORE you spend the money on the electrician.
You may get the guy out to do the ground and the HOA turn around and say well you still need to move it.
Get it in WRITING from the HOA and file it away for later, if needed.

Jimbo

I am the president of an HOA here in the land of 10,000 lakes. My suggestion is find out when the next board meeting is and attend. They should have a open forum to present you gripe. Bring this issue to the complete board. Bring your neighbor who states he is fine with it. I would suggest you comply a list of neighbors who don't care on the placement. Also have the electrician type a letter about the grounding issue and bring that along. Lastly bring a copy of the FCC regulation for each of the board members and highlight the key facts. Doing alot of prep should bring this issue to a end with the dish being left in the same place.

I would check with the HOA one more time to verify that, that is all they require you to do to be legit in thier eyes, BEFORE you spend the money on the electrician.
You may get the guy out to do the ground and the HOA turn around and say well you still need to move it.
Get it in WRITING from the HOA and file it away for later, if needed.

Jimbo

I wouldn't spend a dime for the electrician, as this would trigger the unreasonable costs/delay clause of OTARD. I would tell the HOA to pay for the electrician if they want it done that bad.

Big Dawg's advice is good also, but the fact of the matter is that the HOA can't restrict your installation if it's going to cost several hundred dollars, especially if it's for appearances only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.