help!!! need help with directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mae

Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
mississippi
I currently have directv and have another home with a directv satellite. Can I use a receiver from my current home at the other? And if so how do I make it work??

possible, but there are a few things we need to know:
what recievers do you currently have (D-12, H24, HR44, etc)?
what type of dish do you have on the 2nd (18" round, 18x20", Slimline)?
if its a slimline dish what type of LNB (KaKu 3 or 5, or a SWiM 3 or 5)?
if the LNB is SWiM (either 3 or 5) do you have the power inserter?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Mae!

One thing to keep in mind, you can only do this if you aren't using both places at the same time. If it's a vacation house type situation then you are okay, but not if there is someone living at each home. This is because of the terms of service in your contract.

Reactions: Mae
Will the equipment I have work?? If so how do I make it work? My receiver isnt picking up my satellite signal.

If you hooked it up and have no signal either the dish at the new place is not aligned to the satellite or you need to redo the satellite setup if it has a different equipment than the one you have at your previous place. Perhaps a picture of the label on the LNB will help us help you. You may need to change the setup to multiswitch instead of SWM, or if it is SWM you may be missing a power inserter.

Too many variables to give an easy answer...

My box is a h23 my satellite is a slimline 5 swim.
Is there a Slimline 5 SWM at the 2nd location as well ?

If you have Like dishes that will help in the long run ...

If they are both SWM 's, do you have a Power Inserter at the 2nd home and is it plugged in and set up correctly ?

We were doing this between our WA home and our AZ home. All we had to do was call to get the local channels changed over at each location. We now have receivers in both places but still need to call to get locals.

If you previously had it working in the 2nd home, nothing should have changed. Try to repeat the sat setup to see if it can detect the dish automatically. Make sure both locations use a SWM LNB and have dedicated Power Inserters as previously posted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)