Bad picture from channels at DS9@101W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rramjet

Original poster
Jun 4, 2015
WA.
Most of the channels coming from DS9@101W are pixilated and dropping randomly. These are the higher channels such as 269 History. I can see that the antenna is pointing directly at some tall trees on my property and suspect this may be the problem but why only these channels? Slight adjustment of the antenna up or down make the problem much worse.

Post back with a list of ALL the signal strengths on the 101 transponders.

If your signal strength is poor on the 101, I would suspect it to be poor on the 99 or the 103 as well.

I would look at all your Sat transponders except the ones that have a (s) ... these are mostly locals and will be up and down.

We need to see what your 101 transponders are doing specifically.

Slight adjustment up or down ?
What about left and right and tilt ?

Thanks for the feedback. The term up is incorrect, I was actually changing tilt. I'll record readings but in general the even Xpdrs are the highest high 80's to 90+ and the odds are lower, low to mid 60's. Xpdrs 21, 29 and 31 on Sat 2 in drop to zero periodically.

Such drastic roll off is not caused by a dish alignment. Do you have a multiswitch inline? If so, which one?

what dish/recievers/switches/splitters are you using?

also, can you confirm your mast is level? messing with the tilt when its not will screw everything up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)