HELP need to mount 5lmb dish, need an extention.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dentaldude

Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Is there an extention pole for the five lmb dish, i need to attach the dish to the side of my house and extend the pole up. Right now i have a three lmb dish but can not get the local chanels in hd, even with an off air antena. My direct tv guy said that the 5lmb is too heavy for mounting it on the ledge of my roof and he has never let me down. If i can extend the dish pole he can then mount it on the side of the house making it more secure.
Hope you all can help.
Thank you for your time.

Is there an extention pole for the five lmb dish, i need to attach the dish to the side of my house and extend the pole up. Right now i have a three lmb dish but can not get the local chanels in hd, even with an off air antena. My direct tv guy said that the 5lmb is too heavy for mounting it on the ledge of my roof and he has never let me down. If i can extend the dish pole he can then mount it on the side of the house making it more secure.
Hope you all can help.
Thank you for your time.

If you have your dish mounted on the fascia board, then he is right, that's not sturdy enough for an AT9. If you have it on the rake board, then it is strong enough, since the lag bolts will go into a roof rafter. That is assuming that the foot of the mount fits on the rake board.

A good electrical supply house may have a mast and stand-off kit (kinda like the old TV antennas that mounted to your chimney) But the mast size (bigger than 3lnb oval), stability and functionality of this set-up, I don't know. Good Luck

Con you put a pole in ? (ground)
I put one on a 16 ft pole awhile back, I used scedule 40 from a fence company.
Don't forget the concrete ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts