Help needed: Intermittent reception on certain Sat/Transponder

mrkerala

Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Ok this is my first post in this site, all along I was a silent listener.

I had dish network service for 3 years and I never had any reception issues. I had disconnected my dish network service like 9 months back, but never removed my superdish/dpp44/inside wiring. Last week I reactivated my dish network service and from then on I am having intermittent reception issues on Satellite 119 transponder 4, 6 and 18. Before calling dish network, I had replaced the wiring from the switch to the receiver and still had the same issue. Dish network rolled the truck and the guy replaced the lnb, DVR 510, switch and rewired from the lnb to the switch and still I’m having the same issue. Now the dish network guy is complaining that the line of sight is not good and asking me to move it to a different location, but. I don’t have any option of moving the dish to a different location, since I’m living in an apartment. I’m attaching the screen shots for reference. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1677.jpg
    IMG_1677.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1680.jpg
    IMG_1680.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1681.jpg
    IMG_1681.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1682.jpg
    IMG_1682.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Doesn't look like a LOS issue to me, looks like might be a typical finicky 510.

Since dish network changed the compression from mpeg2 to mpeg 4 i have noticed this problem. It could possibly be a bad fitting(the metal connector on the end of a coaxial) or even a damaged line. However in 90% of the cases of this very same problem the problem is with the 119 lnbf. Hope this helps.

Ok I just now called(directly) the guy who came home to fix this issue and asked him to check the 119 LNB onemore time and realign the dish. But he doesn't want to come and fix the issue unless I decide to move the dish to a different location. This guy came home last sunday @ 12 noon and was there till 5 and couldn't figureout the root cause of the issue(and he claims that he the manager). Now what should i do?

Im a little confused by your service guys request to move the dish. From the check switch screen and the signal strength screenshots you provided I would be very suprised for it to be a los issue. However, if when checking the 119 signal you are getting wild fluctuations of signal then this could be the case hard to tell from snapshots. Also if it was los you would be losing signal on all 119 programs not from selected channels. If this was my system i would replace all connectors on lines, replace 119 lnbf then replace 34 switch in that order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)