HELP - not reading 119 and 129

crainbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Watched tv all last night until midnight EST, woke up a 3, still had a signal. Woke up this morning and now I lost two satellites, ran the check switch several times and still nothing. Says my input 1 isn't working and that I had 41 outages from noon yesterday until 6 this morning. I checked the connections on the receiver and everything is fine. Please help. I'm in Columbus, OH.

I'm at work now, but before I left and shut down the receiver and rebooted and it told me I couldn't use the receiver because one of the inputs isn't working. I checked the inputs the receiver, made sure they were tight, that's not an issue. Looked at the dish outside and the cable and nothing looks wrong. I need some help as Sunny in Philly starts tonight.

Yeah, I ran a check switch and a system setup and it just shows an X on input 1. 110 shows up on the input 2 side. I've never taken the thing apart (dish), not sure what I'm doing.

What model of receiver is this? If it's a single tuner model (211, 311, 811, etc.) I would disconnect the power, unplug the satellite in, power up the receiver, and run the switch test to clear the matrix. Then you can unplug the AC, plug the satellite back in, power the receiver back up, and retry the Check Switch test.

Other ideas: I think it's safe to assume no tree sprang up during the night to block your view of 119? & 129?. What kind of Dish do you have? Dish 1000? Dish 500 with a Dish 300 pointed to 129?W?

What model of receiver is this? If it's a single tuner model (211, 311, 811, etc.) I would disconnect the power, unplug the satellite in, power up the receiver, and run the switch test to clear the matrix. Then you can unplug the AC, plug the satellite back in, power the receiver back up, and retry the Check Switch test.

Other ideas: I think it's safe to assume no tree sprang up during the night to block your view of 119? & 129?. What kind of Dish do you have? Dish 1000? Dish 500 with a Dish 300 pointed to 129?W?

It's a 622 with a 1000. No trees grew overnight either. That would have made me more mad.

Like I said, I power down and back up and now it won't even let me into the menus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)