Help On Dtv Self Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pajer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
North Central Pennsylvania
I am self install for my direct tv service and my fathers service.

first home: hd dvr hr-21 to just one tv. i am subscribing to hd and the pittsburgh hd and sd locals. i'm assuming i need a slimline dish, i am not sure what type of switch i will need for this install.

second install: standard non hd non dvr receiver, subscribing to just sd channels including pittsburgh sd locals. no hd programming whatsover. i'm not sure what dish or switch if any i will need for this install.

any help would be appreciated. thanks, pajer p.s. my zip is 16353

grydlok is correct about the 6x8, and yes youd need the slimline. I found a D* dealer locally and bought my dish for a good price. The slimeline was very easy to align and has great signal strength in my area. Not sure about the second dish for locals.

According to the list on dbstalk.com, the Pittsburgh sd locals are on 101 and the hd locals are on 99.

As long as the post above is correct about not needing a 2nd dish for your market this is really straight forward.

First Home: You will need the slimline. Run two lines from the dish to your HR21. The Slimline has a built in multi switch up to four lines. If you happen to get more receivers and go above the 4 lines needed mark then you will need a multi switch.

Second Home: All you need here is a standard 18" dish. Line up and hit the sat at 101 and that's it. Run one line from the dish to the receiver and game over.

As long as the post above is correct about not needing a 2nd dish for your market this is really straight forward.

First Home: You will need the slimline. Run two lines from the dish to your HR21. The Slimline has a built in multi switch up to four lines. If you happen to get more receivers and go above the 4 lines needed mark then you will need a multi switch.

Second Home: All you need here is a standard 18" dish. Line up and hit the sat at 101 and that's it. Run one line from the dish to the receiver and game over.

May I suggest for the 1st home run the four lines now. This way it is done. In addition run 2 lines to the round dish if it has the dual lnb. Will save time in the future.

Also put jumpers from the LNB to the line runnig to the receiver with a drip loop to help with future service issues. Make sure you ground the system to the house ground as well.

Ed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts