help on DVB S2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lupe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
FLORIDA FORT LAUDERDALE
hi by mistake i bought a sv8000 in hope to receive dvb s2 big disappointment need some advice on dvb s2 which receiver is good for this i looked in openbox s9 or azbox ultra (cheaper) any help thanks.

While the Azbox is a very complete receiver/media center, the Openbox S9 is a lot cheaper, and does DVB-S2 just fine. It has it's drawbacks, but I recommend it as a simple effective receiver.
:)

I am very happy with an AZBox HD Ultra. Its multi-use design is of a computer mindset so is dissimilar to many FTA receivers. That can be an advantage or disadvantage depending on the individual.

Last edited:
I am very happy with an AZBox HD Ultra. Its multi-use design is of a computer mindset so is dissimilar to many FTA receivers. That can be an advantage or disadvantage depending on the individual.

Since we already have computers, networking, internet connections, I'm not sure it is needed to pay extra for those features added to the AZbox. The OpenBox is cheaper and the features that it does have work well. You will love all the new channels that pop into your FTA setup with DVB-S2.

Jim

If you want to view DVB-S2 feeds with 4:2:2 you'll need something like an Azbox.

azbox the best receiver for now dont buy anithing i have vantage 1100 pansat9200 sonicview 8000 viewsat 9000 and all have good things and bed things no perfect receiver on free to air my opinion for now azbox the best

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts