Help on Fortec Mercury II PLEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I noticed today as I was scanning the usual news feeds sats that on my blind scan it was not recognizing no new TP's nor the regular TP's as it usually does when I do a scan...example the nets on G10 always show up on blind scan but today they are not showing up (although I am still receiving them)...is there something wrong? Its like my blind scan is not picking up any new TP's and I have great signal and still getting my channels but its like as if it is not allowing the receiver to add anymore, and I am not near my channel limit...can someone help on this?

Many receivers will not "re-find" an allready stored transponder. That's a good thing as you don't want to keep finding the same feeds over and over, taking up space on your receiver!

when I rescan a sat my mercury II shows me everything it finds, new transponders that it didnt previously know about are labeled with a +

not sure why yours isnt. hows your signal ?

My mercury does the + sign also and I have done scans quite a bit since getting my system up and running. I have not seen anything like what you are reporting though. I am using the latest software from the fortec site.

I did a scan this morning and while sitting there watching it scan, it will pop a tp up on the screen and then it will go back off making the blind scan find no new tp's...it used to find the tp's i had previously and new ones as well. How do I get the latest software version and i do my scans at step 4 or 6 on detailed scanning, always.

Now it will not even let me add a new TP.

Does anyone have any idea why all of a sudden my receiver is doing this? Its almost like it was working perfect one minute and now it will not even allow the receiver to add any new TP's, is there a limit on how many TP's you can have or what? Should I do a factory reset and start over or is there a better receiver I can buy rather than this obvious POS....?

Not familiar with that receiver and I know you said you were not near your channel limit but how many transponders do you have stored ? Just a thought.

Well, I would at least try a factory reset.

As for the unit being a POS, I disagree, I like mine quite a bit. I also use a coolsat, but my coolsat at times is flakey like your fortec.

I do not have the Fortec Mercury II :( But have the both the Classic NA and Ultra.

With the Ultra it would occasionally mess up and the fix was to go through each satellite and delete ALL but one TP. This seemed to free up memory and all stored channels were still affected.

May be worth a try before resorting to a factory default setting!

Ok I can do that, but that means I lose everything correct? Do I need to do a channel backup or just reset the whole thing and start at nothing?

I have not had problems with my Mercury II. I have about 850 transponders stored.

jself1982 said:
Ok I can do that, but that means I lose everything correct? Do I need to do a channel backup or just reset the whole thing and start at nothing?

No back up was required with the Ultra all stored channels were still there :)

Delete all but one transponder from all satellites.

Ok I did the channel backup, then clicked on factory restore, powered down the receiver, started it back up, noticed it was back to as when I purchased it, then I went and did the channel recovery, and tried a blind scan and it is still not allowing no new TP's to be added, I tried this on G10R, SBS6, AMC3, AMC 5 and it will not show up anything on a blind scan.

You have probably reached the limit for stored transponders and will have to delete some, but that is just a guess. Since you have your channel list stored, it can't hurt to try...

Ok, I went thru and deleted tons of TP's--especially those on the DBS sat's..., tried blind scan and it kept doing the same thing...so I then did a factory reset, tried a blindscan and it works fine (except for the fact I lost everything! :mad: ) but when I do a channel recovery--the same problem comes back again after the factory reset....you'd think my receiver has a virus or something LOL :eek:

So after another reset and no channel recovery I guess I will spend hours blind scanning each sat all over again and again, cause I had some good things on there that probably won't come back!! :mad:

My question now is why does the problem come back when I do a channel recovery but doesn't when I don't do a channel recovery?

you could also try downloading the list using fortec's channel editor, this might give you and idea to the problem, duplicate channels or tp's or something other wierd.

Thank you all for the help and suggestions.....

Don't let my frustrations detour anyone from the Mercury II, I actually like it myself, but I have given up and just rescanned all the sats throughout this morning and will just go from there, thank you all! :hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts