Help Please before I call Dish...

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
Today I got a call from Dish offering me to upgrade to the 250 for a pro-rated amount till my next billing, then I would pay the regular price. At anytime if I want to go back to my 200 pack, I can do so without paying the $5.00 service fee. Also, I didn't have to extend my contract. I agree to this offer.
Here's my question. When I went to check all my new channels, I find I'm missing the following channels:
Bloomberg 203
Boomerang 175
Chiller 199
Military Channel 195
The Movie Channel(West) 329
Sleuth 198
TMC Xtra West 330
Veria TV 218
VH1 Classics 163
And I only have 1 Encore channel not 6.
All these channels are listed on the Dish web site as included in the 250 pack. They're listed once as the channels included in the 250 and listed on the comparison page of all the packs.
Now before I call Dish all steamed up, can someone here tell me what's up? Is this another case of channels listed that Dish is currently not showing (because of lawsuits or whatever), or is this just false advertising, or am I misunderstanding how to read all of the sudden?
Thank you to all who can explain what's going on here.

Ghpr13:mad::confused::(

Last edited:
Reset your receiver or unplug it and plug back in. see if they magically appear.:)

Check to make sure these channels are not locked if the reboot doesn't help.

Don't get steamed. Just tell them they are missing, they'll hit you again. I've had to do it once or twice over the years.

Reset your receiver or unplug it and plug back in. see if they magically appear.:)

Check to make sure these channels are not locked if the reboot doesn't help.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!...I never even thought about the channels being locked out! There they were, all of my missing channels! If only it was always this easy!
Thanks for your help & take care,
Ghpr13:):D

Don't get steamed. Just tell them they are missing, they'll hit you again. I've had to do it once or twice over the years.

I wasn't really steamed, I kind of figured it was something I was overlooking. That's why I decided to check with you Pros first, before I call Dish.

Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts