Help please...Harmony One & VIP722k

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I got the Harmony One for Christmas and I was programming it today. I read the info about the remote address. I follow the instructions on how to change the address of my Dish remote to "1", but my 722k isn't responding to any of the commands from my Harmony.

I also tried testing the infrared commands via Harmony instructions, but none of the commands from the Dish remote would register on the Harmony.

Any of you out there could lend a helping hand? I be really thankful! I love this remote and I can't wait to get rid of my 7 other remotes.

Ghpr13:(

Sounds like you still do not have the receiver address at 1. On receiver front, press sys info button to confirm. If not, try again.

If all else fails, call Logitech support since it's free for you now.

Last edited:
KAB,
First, thanks for helping out. I did what you said and it shows my remote address as 1. My remote address for tuner2 is 9. When I try to confirm the commands the first command Harmony wants confirmed is "power toggle". I press the top red button on the Dish remote, but it doesn't register on the Harmony. I tried skipping this command and the next one I was given to try was the "direction up", no dice with that one either.

You should not have to make the Harmony learn any commands from Dish remote. BTW, I am using the 722 database on my 722K. Everything worked the same when I upgraded so I just left it alone. Time to give them a call, or, what I have done a couple of times, is trash everything and start over. The most important thing to keep you mind on is the Activities over the devices.

Thanks KAB,
That's what I was thinking. If I can't get it working, I'll just delete and try over...wish everything in life was like that!:D
Take care
Ghpr13:)

Not sure which Harmony I have but I put the soft ware on my computer, connected the Harmony to a USB port and there was a list of devices that you could select from, I choose the 722k and it programmed it's self.

Not sure which Harmony I have but I put the soft ware on my computer, connected the Harmony to a USB port and there was a list of devices that you could select from, I choose the 722k and it programmed it's self.

I had the Harmony 670, and I didn't have a problem with that remote, but I deleted all the info I had for the 670 and gave it to my son to use. Now when I started from scratch with the Harmony One, I just can't get it to control the 722k...

I have the Harmony One and the VIP 722. When I added the device, I didn't have to "learn" any commands. It worked right out of the box. When you are trying to control the receiver, are you in activity mode or device mode? Try going into device mode after selecting the activity (lower right corner of the touchscreen).

There is a way for the Harmony to adjust itself to whatever remote address your system has. You have to do this on your computer and it is quite simple. I don't remember the exact sequence but it is there. I do remember something about the numbering in the Harmony was one above the number in the Dish receiver....

There is a way for the Harmony to adjust itself to whatever remote address your system has. You have to do this on your computer and it is quite simple. I don't remember the exact sequence but it is there. I do remember something about the numbering in the Harmony was one above the number in the Dish receiver....

I followed these directions after finding that my Harmony One wasn't working with the 722k, none of these have help...any other ideals out there? It's probably something I'm just missing, but I can't seem to figure out what.
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmo...Dish-Network-VIP722K-DVR-Receiver/td-p/526211

It has been a while since we programmer our Harmony One remote, but it seems like there were multiple 722's listed. We had to try a couple of different code sets in the Harmony Software, but we did get the 722 to work. When we switched to the 722k, it took with no problems.

For your reference, our 722k shows "IR, Remote Address 17" and has had no issues for a while now.

Geoff

OK, I tried this from the Logitech forum:
The remote address for TV1 must be set IR not IR/UHF
Pull the battery cover of the Dish remote and you will see a switch
Change that to IR
Then at the System info screen press Record 3 times
Now you be able to confirm the IR address in the Harmony software to the new Address 1
You should be good to go.
My System info shows Remote 1 IR I, but my Harmony One still doesn't work the 722k, and my Dish remote isn't working either! I even tried turning off the Backlight on my TV, still No Dice.
Anyone remember having to do all that to get the Harmony One to work? I seen these same directions on another web site for getting the 722k to work with the Harmony One. I guess I'll call Logitech today.
During the mean time, can anyone tell me how to get my Dish remote back to working again? I tried switching the switch under the battery compartment back to UHF, but that's not having any effect. How do I change My System info back to IR/UHF for Dish remote one?
Thanks!
Ghpr13:(:confused::mad:

You need to reset the address with the remote set to UHF. Have been checking your 722K user manual to make sure you are going through ALL the proper steps?

You need to reset the address with the remote set to UHF. Have been checking your 722K user manual to make sure you are going through ALL the proper steps?

KAB,
Got my Dish remote back to working correctly...going to call Harmony Tech later this morning.
Thanks!
Ghpr13:)
(It could be just my luck with Harmony remotes...when I got my 670, Harmony had to replace it 3 times because of battery problems...Each time it was Harmony Tech who said that they would have to send me out a new remote...Sad part is Harmony would just deactivate the 670 I had and tell me to throw it away when I got the new one.):eek:

Is it possible that I have a bad "IR" receiver on my 722k? Since when I put my Dish remote in "IR" mode, and verified that via "My System Info" screen I couldn't get my 722k to respond to my Dish remote?

Very uncommon, but possible I suppose. Call Dish Tech support and trudge through all their troubleshooting. If is has gone bad, you should get a replacement. If not, then back to square 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)