Help Please??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
H

hpnmmrst

Nov 16, 2005
I live in NY,
Does anyone know why am i getting a "program not available in your area" whenever the rangers are on MSG, i am able to watch any other programs including the Knicks, when i called DTV they told me some story about blackouts by the NHL (BTW i get the games when they are on OLN) but nobody there could explain to me the terms of this blackout,

is this true??? can anyone please help me out here?? thanx

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Is that same game on a local affiliate at the same time; such as UPN or CBS, etc? Sometimes 2 competing channels CAN have the game, but if you are in the home market the local network affiliate will get the rights and the sport channel is blacked out, but then the out of market user will see the regional sports channel.

H

hpnmmrst

Nov 16, 2005
No its only when it is on MSG and no other channel (aside from the channel which is part of Center Ice, whicih i now believe is what DTV is forcing me to sign up for)

T

thedirtyjobs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 7, 2005
hpnmmrst said:
No its only when it is on MSG and no other channel (aside from the channel which is part of Center Ice, whicih i now believe is what DTV is forcing me to sign up for)

When is the next game scheduled that meets this criteria...i'm in NY, I'll give it a view too and see what's happening.

D

dnb

Oct 20, 2005
provide your zip code i check to see if been affect by rsn update codes beg with 080,085-87 have a ticket open with blackout problems and try to be resolve with msg

Status
Please reply by conversation.