Help Please!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

svillachica

Original poster
Apr 7, 2006
Miami FL USA
Hi!
I have a ton of questions regarding FTA, actually I've been trying to decide what type of equipment I should get, in order to obtain the results I want, I want to put together a system that will allow me to get legal FTA channels in general, but I'm particularly intrested in getting the signal from the PAS 3R satellite, I'm located in Miami FL,
thank you every one and thanks again for letting me into your family!

svillachica said:
Hi!
I have a ton of questions regarding FTA, actually I've been trying to decide what type of equipment I should get, in order to obtain the results I want, I want to put together a system that will allow me to get legal FTA channels in general, but I'm particularly intrested in getting the signal from the PAS 3R satellite, I'm located in Miami FL,

C band or Ku band ? Analog or digital ?

Wyr

Hello again!

After doing some research, I've decided to go with the ku band/digital, please excuse my ignorance in this matter, but I can use all the help I can get.
Thanks a lot Wyr!

Svillachica, welcome to the forum.
My guess is you are trying to get the Italian Channels on Pas3, since C-band according to Lyngsat has little to offer.

I would definitely get a 90 cm dish for Ku reception, and by adding a motor you can have more options like moving to other satellites of interest.

Sadoun one of the sponsors here has some nice packages, both stationary and motorized, and don't forget to do some reading here on the forum, it helps quite a bit.

svillachica said:
Hi!

Fixed dish or motorized ?

For a fixed dish , get the largest offset dish you can scrounge or afford to buy .

Get a Standard ( as opposed to Universal ) linear Ku LNBF . Go to Ebay & get a $ 10 - 20 sat signal meter .

Moterized , 1.2 meter is as big as the little motors are rated at & that depends on the weight of the dish . I like Stab brand motors made in Italy .

Use this program to find the angles , type in the zip code . It is a Java script , you may have to do a google search for the Java run time package , it is free .

The mounting pole / pipe needs to be mounted very securely & 100 % plumb in both directions .

Holler back or PM me when you get that far .

Wyr

Attachments

• SatFinder.zip
    507.5 KB · Views: 107
Tell us about the kind of programming you are interested in.

There is a really good product review section on this site and it should be helpful in picking a receiver. I'd say blind scan / power scan is near essential. Depending on how much blind scanning you are doing, which is when looking for new feeds, you may want to shop for a receiver with a very fast scan rate. Mine takes around 15 minutes to do a blind scan, which is rather slow, but for as often as I do it, I can live with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts