Help!!! Problem With Coolsat Blindscan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 17, 2005
Port Angeles, Washington
When I try to do a blindscan with my Coolsat 4000, nothing happens. The TP numbers seem to shudder at 00.000 and don't move and the percentage dial in the upper right corner stays at 0%. It did this one other time and I bit the bullet and reset my database. I really don't want to have to do that again... Has anyone else ever experienced this? and if so, what did you do? Thanks.

Save all your channels with the "Channel Master" software on your computer. After resetting the database, just send the list back to your receiver. With the Coolsat, you have to use the Coolsat loader.

It makes doing a factory reset almost painless.

I have to admit, I have yet to bring ChannelMaster into the picture. For some reason, I'm a bit cautious about using it. Don't ask me why? It's probably just that "unknown" factor that's keeping me from experimenting with it.

sidekick

uplod your channels into it and play with it for a while. When you upload the chanenls, they're still in your box (so its not like its completely gone) :)

Biggest thing with channel master is you DO NOT want to interrupt an upload to the STB (Wirting channel list back to STB) This will cause your flash memory to become corrupt.

That's what I mean .....The thought of things like that happening makes me quake in my boots.

questic said:
Biggest thing with channel master is you DO NOT want to interrupt an upload to the STB (Wirting channel list back to STB) This will cause your flash memory to become corrupt.

good job questic...scare him why dont ya :)

sidekick...you'll be fine. I've done enough of these that the odds of it happening are very slim. It takes maybe 10 seconds to download the info back into the box

My Coolsat has over 300 video and 150 audio channels and it takes about 10 seconds to download it from channelmaster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)