Help setting up Dish 119 and 110

07psdcrew

Original poster
May 10, 2021
Ashby Ma
Hello all, I have service with Dish network. I’m in a campground. Last year had perfect LOS to all satellites, but this season they moved me to a new spot. Lots of trees, but I do have LOS on each satellite in two spots. One spot I have 110 at 45 and when setup in another spot I have 119 at 40. I’m using a Hopper and Joey, a 1000.2 dish. I cannot get both satellites at the same time due to the narrow windows through the tree gap. I was wondering if it’s possible to use the LNB input on one dish and use a second 1000.2 dish to feed that input? The signal would come out of that LNB/switch and into the Node that’s used for the hopper. From there to my Camper...
Basically, one dish optimized for 119 and the other for 110.
Am I crazy? Or would this work?
Thanks in advance.

I think it will work .

DPP 1000 .2 LNBF FEATURES,
continued
• Includes an LNB input port for
connection of a second dish to
receive signal from a fourth
orbital location. Connected
receiver(s) receive signal from
all four orbital locations²,
eliminating the need for an
external switch

Hello all, I have service with Dish network. I’m in a campground. Last year had perfect LOS to all satellites, but this season they moved me to a new spot. Lots of trees, but I do have LOS on each satellite in two spots. One spot I have 110 at 45 and when setup in another spot I have 119 at 40. I’m using a Hopper and Joey, a 1000.2 dish. I cannot get both satellites at the same time due to the narrow windows through the tree gap. I was wondering if it’s possible to use the LNB input on one dish and use a second 1000.2 dish to feed that input? The signal would come out of that LNB/switch and into the Node that’s used for the hopper. From there to my Camper...
Basically, one dish optimized for 119 and the other for 110.
Am I crazy? Or would this work?
Thanks in advance.
You can't use another 1000.2. You have to use a 500 Dish with a DPP Single LNB pointed at the Satellite.

How about the eastern arc? Any way to hit the 61.5 and 72 satellites
I just picked up an EA LNB local for free, going to try to get those this weekend when I go up, but I do beleive they are blocked heavily with trees...this pic is the direction of the eastern arc, it’s possible I might be able to setup on top of my camper though.

Attachments

• F8133177-A279-4376-B7C6-D2EB8F4C0C54.jpeg
    F8133177-A279-4376-B7C6-D2EB8F4C0C54.jpeg
    567.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Wow
Reactions: HipKat
this pic is the direction of the eastern arc, it’s possible I might be able to setup on top of my camper though.
Yeah you're in a pretty heavy tree covered area..Are you using a app like satellite pointer to locate the satellite?I prefer eastern arc since I don't use locals and only 2 satellites to hit in your situation.. I've had times where I could only hit the 61° satellite but it has most all of the channels we wanted.. better than nothing

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)