How long with Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

david in texas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Just wondering how long you all have been with,Dish? And why?

I've been with them since around 2000/2001. For the most part I've been very happy with the service they provide. I've almost jumped ship a time or two. Most recently to U-Verse and then DirectTV. Yeah I could probably get a slightly less bill for six months or a year. But why leave if your happy? There has been minor issues along the way but they usually work with me. I'm not a troll and not employed anyway with Dish. Just curious how my tenure with them ranks with you all here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Having my own personal account, it's been about 5 years but have had Dish with my family ever since it started. My family business started with selling C-Band and then DSS/RCA satellite equipment. When Dish came out with their small dish we became a retailer for them and are still going.

I've been with them since 05. I've nearly jumped ship a few times (to Direct or even back to TimeWarner) for more HD channels. I'm a AEP+HD customer. I stay with Dish for convenience rather than cost. If I don't see some new nationl HD channels soon, I might be a former customer, too.

Strange, but true, had Dish installed Sept. 11, 2001 after my C-Band BUD had taken yet another lightning hit.

Had no TV, no idea what was going on in NYC until the Dish installer arrived & told me.

Joined Dish from DirecTV in 2006. I was a DirecTV customer from 1997 - 2006, but left after they royally botched the install when I moved to a new house. I've been very happy with Dish. I really liked my ViP 622/211 and love my Hopper.

2004 then canceled a year in got it in my wifes name in 2006-08 started working for Dish in 08 so canceled in my wifes name and put in my name so I could get my employee benefit.

I don't remember the exact date but sometime in mid '97, I think. I lived in a apartment did the install myself and of course you had to buy everything from the retailer. Wasn't sure I had the proper angle to see the satellites but it all worked out. I still had Cablevision for my locals and Dish for everything else. Moved to a townhouse a few years later and 2004 moved into a house. Used Dish mover both times, the first was with their installer, the second went back to the local retailer which also installed a regular antenna in the attic. Now thinking about upgrading to Hopper/Joey. The other day I was trying to add up how much money I have sent to Dish and it really started to scare me.
Gary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)