How long with Dish?

1996 here. I received the entire Dish setup from Echostar. Installed Dish using a compass from a cracker jack box! Great service, no problems.

Sometime in the late 90's, don't remember exact date. Purchased equipment that included 1st years programming. Local channels came in 2004 & hd locals just within the last couple of years.

Back then I appreciated it much more, both in price & programming. Today I feel totally opposite, don't watch much tv anymore & have a hard time justifying cost/value. While I probably won't cxl anytime soon I will however be downgrading to the welcome pack or smart pack in the near future. Dish & the programmers just don't have my loyalty like they used to.

Just celebrated 1/28/1997...16 years....now on the Welcome Package during my economic woes....how-ever at least my bird catcher is still on!!

Does anybody remember the national print ads that DISH used during that period of time?? USA Today seemed to run those ads and they sold me because they had WGN on the Top 40 package.....seems like the stone age already.:eek:

Approx 15 years continuous since 1998. I was a member of the now defunct DBSForums, and still with the other Forum still going. I joined the second day here. No one runs a site better than Scott, and moderators over the years have been great.
Stayed with Dish because they are extremely reliable, and I don't see a provider better, though I would consider Direct TV if needed. At one time they went through a few bad receivers, but really have stepped up on that. I like mavericks and like that Dish does things differently at times.
I still make extensive use of programming not offered anywhere else. Being a maverick company is not always good, but mostly it is. :)

12/18/01 per Dish, which was the install date. Contract ordering it was dated 8/9/01. $367.93 for 2 301s, dish, LNB, free installation & $100 credit. New customer deal "I like 9" was $10/month programming fee.

Middle of 1998 with a basic receiver and Dish that I bought and installed, then a year or so later I bought a Dishplayer 7200 followed by a 508, then added a 301, then a 522 followed by another 508, bought a 722 and added a couple of 211's to upgrade the 301 and 508's. So now I have a 722 and 2 211's all owned never subsidized. I'm not a fan of contract's and subsidized equipment.

I was a dual subscriber to Dish and Directv for about 5 years, as they each had channels the others didn't, but the Dish dvr's were so much better than Directv and cable, I eventually went Dish only around 2004-05.

Nonstop since 5/7/1999. I've stayed with Dish for nearly 14 years because they have always been fair with me. I've never had a contract, never given a SS number, buy my own equipment, and always pay on time. Again, they treat me real good. :)

Probably the newest in this thread, I had my service installed 12/30/2012. Joined here around the same time but was a lurker for a few weeks while I was thinking about getting Dish.

July 2001. Started with a PVR 508, then to a 721, then 622, and finally added a 722. Still have my original 622 that I ordered the first day they were available. :D They've been pretty good to me, and I have no thoughts of switching.

Since '98, starting with three boxes; a 1000, a 4700, and a 4900. The installer put up two D500's on the roof because he didn't like the SW64.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)