Help setting up my motor....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clubman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
I have the SPM990 motor and a Pansat 2500a.

When I save the sat location for a satellite, and I move over to the next satellite, save it, and scan that satellite as well, now when I go to change the channels, the dish does not go to the 1st sat.

I have the Positioner setting at 1.2 instead of USALS.

I already set the southern satellite to AMC5 and did a scan and I know I got the right one.

Is there a step by step guide to setting up a motor with a Pansat 2500A?

I live in Toronto.

Make sure you assign a number to each satellite. It's at the top of the screen where you move the satellite, marked "current position."

You can choose any number from 27 to 49, it doesn't seem to matter what number or in what order, but each satellite needs its own number. It's a good idea to make a list of which number you've assigned to each satellite.

And make sure it actually gets "saved"... sometimes I've hit "exit" too quickly and it didn't seem to save the location.

Sometimes when you are moving around from satellite to satellite, saving a lot of things, etc. the Pansat seems to get confused (maybe trying to do too many things in a short time) and the motor just stops moving. If this happens, you need to turn off the unit by the power switch on the back. Leave it off about a minute to reset, then turn it back on.

Hope you enjoy your Pansat.

Thanks, great advice, definitely did not know to assign numbers.

What satellites should I go for?

T5
AMC4
AMC5 (my true south)

Are there any adult channels, or at least late night Italian/asian adult movies anywhere? lol

Glad to be able to help.

Since you're already on AMC-5, I would just start moving west one satellite at a time, as soon as you lock it in, save the location and do a scan.

Once you get all the satellites to the west of AMC-5, go back there and start moving east. You are eventually going to want every satellite, and its easier to do them in order.

There are Asian channels all over the place, I haven't seen any Italian. Don't know about adult movies. Sometimes Fashion TV on T5 is a bit racy, especially at midnight.

Ok, I set up
79 West AMC5
97 West T5
101 AMC4

Any others I can get with a 39"dish.

I'm looking for maybe some sports feeds, movies and NBC, FOX, CBS and ABC.

Thanks for all the help guys, the motor is working well.

Ok, I found FOX on AMC4...

Can I get NBC, CBS and ABC from Toronto?

Pansat>Motor>Switch>lnbs

I hooked up my switch and now the dishes that are not on the motored dish work, but the motor does not turn to the appropriate satellite when I change the channel.

I went into the settings for each satellite in my pansat and changed the Diseqc setting to #3, which is where the lnb of my motorized dish is going into the switch.

Any ideas how to get it moving while using a switch?

Any ideas guys, I still cant get the motor to turn when I change channels when the switch is hooked up. I took out the switch and the motor works.

Maybe the defect is in your switch - since the motor appears to work fine.

If you have been connecting and disconnecting the switch while the receiver has been plugged in you may have blown the switch, hope not!

So you're saying that it should work then?

Pansat>motor>switch>lnb's...

My motorized dish is on diseqc#3

I set up Diseqc at #3 for each satellite I have programmed in my pansat correct?

Its the SPM990 and the setting in my Pansat is 1.2 and not USALS. The motor doesnt support usals. It should still work with settings at 1.2?

I don't have a Pansat, but it looks as if it would work on a Fortec/SG2100 motor if setup right, don't know much about the motor you have but the SG2100 does not have USALS and thats what I use for 98% of my satellite positions. Maybe you should try USALS for positioner setting, and DiSEqC for the switching.

Remember to use 10750 L.O. for the KU LNBF
and 11250 L.O. for the DBS LNBF.

If the switch is blown you have had it! NEVER connect a DiSEqC switch to a plugged in line. I have done it myself, something you do only once : )

The switch is working. The other dishes hooked up to it are coming in, and the one satellite on the motorized dish is coming in, it just wont move to the other satellites when I change the channels to the ones programmed with the motor.

On a side note, can I get Galawy 10R from Toronto?

I tried moving the satellite over to it from the AMC 4 and my pansat crashes, I think when the motor reaches the most westerly it can...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)