Help setting up sling box to vi722

rudroman

Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
California
Good Evening to everyone I have question regarding setting up a slingbox AV I have VIP 722 installed that is setup in dual mode, I think I am using right terminology 722 is setup to be viewed on 2 tvs. Here is my problem. My primary tv is an older Sony tv that has a dvi to hdmi setup. Tried using this but still need to setup red and white composite for sound. Here is my setup I am using red, white, yellow composite wiring to from 722 to tv. How do I setup my slingbox? I tried using 2nd tv out and get video but I am unable to set up remote. Hopefully I explained setup with much confusion. . Any help would be appreciated

All the outputs of TV1 are "hot/live" at the same time. I don't know what model Slingbox you have but you can either use the composite (yellow), component (blue, green & red--if your Slingbox has 'em) or the SVideo for video and the red & white for audio. If the audio outputs are a problem because you need them for the TV because of DVI the newer Sling boxes have "pass-through", the Slingbox Solo for example. You'd hook up the audio to the Sling then on to the TV. If your Sling doesn't have pass through you'd have to use an A/V receiver with an optical input for the audio for the TV. Hope this helps.

Ed

I have a Hava Platinum HD (like a Slingbox Solo) connected to my 722 TV1 output. I would much rather stick it on my TV2 output, but the 722 is the problem. It will only accept UHF signals to control TV2. Very annoying but there it is.

Currently, I have my sling box connected using component cables. TV is connected using HDMI.

The problem is that you have to watch the same content as of TV1.

I followed the regular remote setup step by step instructions and it works.

Also, you can use dish guide to directly view the content in your hard drive.

Best Setup for signal

Extending UHF Range

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)