Help Switch set up.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

psrs910

Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Mas
I got my 22KHz SW today and went up in the roof and installed it,but it did not work,i don't know if it was the bad snowy weather that hit MAS,i end up putting there a 4x1 Chieta SW that came with the receiver didn't work either with the set up i wanted,here goes what i wanted to do.
I connected a cable strait from the 031 invacom linear side to the 22KHZ input, and one cable strait from the Dpro circular LNB to 0KHZ input,and outputted to the receiver
the reason i wanted to do this set up is that when somebody is watching Say 101W Channels on the other receiver i can watch 110w Free Disc HD Theater at same time in other receiver

well since it was starting to fall a snow storm i didn't try other ways so i ended up connecting strait from the 031 Invacom one from the linear side and one from the circular side to the Chieta Switch and the output to the receiver and it works ok on circular sat but very unstable on Linear Sats,don't know if is do to bad weather but most linear Sat's have weak signal,

My question is! can i put 2 -4x1 diseqc switches connected to LNB invacom 031
L/C and C/L ports, and feed both diseqcs for 2 receivers with one feeding the motor.
please give diagram for best set up for two receivers one motor,using either the
22KHz Ecoda and the 2 -4x1 switches ,Thanks in advance

You didn't say if you cut the 22 khz switch on in the menu of your receiver.

I recently installed a BSC621 lnb on my BUD, which has an internal 22 KHZ switch to switch between C and KU band.

Well, you also have to go into the menu of your receiver and cut the 22 KHZ frequency switch "ON" on every KU band satellite in order to make the switch between the C and accompanying KU satellite.

Otherwise, it won't make the switch!

Happy satellite hunting.

If I am read you correctly, you want to watch 2 diferent birds or two diferent bands at the same time, via one one cable. If this is the question, it cannot happen. Even two polarities at the same time on one cable will not happen, unless you are using a bandstacked LNB.

That stated, am I understanding you? We can help, but this will probably be moved to the FTA area rather than the shack, But then again you will need at least one cable from each receiver to the switch. Then at least on cable from each port of the LNBs to the switch. I hope that is not too confusing.
POP

Wrong sat?//

Hi Guys: why when i put in Tp 12224 and go to 110w it says Nimick 82W on top corner? i get chan on 110.scrambled of course.
I know my dish is well aligned ;get 61.5,72,74,79.83,85,87,89,91,93,95,97,99,101,

If I am read you correctly, you want to watch 2 diferent birds or two diferent bands at the same time, via one one cable. If this is the question, it cannot happen. Even two polarities at the same time on one cable will not happen, unless you are using a bandstacked LNB.

That stated, am I understanding you? We can help, but this will probably be moved to the FTA area rather than the shack, But then again you will need at least one cable from each receiver to the switch. Then at least on cable from each port of the LNBs to the switch. I hope that is not too confusing.
POP

Hi guys Thanks for trying to help have this equipment.

Dish 36" with 031 quad invacon LNB with the two ports Linear and Circular connected to 4x1 diseqc SW then connected to a Motor SG9120 and then to CaptiveWorks800 receiver. this set up is running fine for the SD Cworks.

Now i have an HDNfusion that i connect strait to the remaining Linear port without Switch.
it also runs good,

now i aquired a Ecoda 2x1 22KHZ Sw.

and also Have a Small Fix 500 DP dish with a Dp LNB pointed at 110W,

i'd like to combine the Linear spaire port on the big dish with the DP LNB on the Ecoda 22KHz Sw to feed my Nfusion so i can get DiscoveryHDtheater free FTA Chan only.

how can i set up the 22khz switch? thanks in advance.

Thanks guys for trying to help i was successful but i struggled a little bit cause i had also bad plugs so i changed the 3 end plugs and glad i did cause after installing the SW had no signal at all, so bellow is the settings for someone that needs it. this set up is for, if you have a dn fix 500 dish with Dp LNB pointed to 110W and you have a motorized system and want to watch 110w without bothering your wife that is watching some other sat ,of course you also can watch whatever sat in the motorized system.
If you use 22KHz switch then in receiver Dish settings you need to have the following .
Say you have the 110 connected to the Zero side of the switch, then in Antenna setting for 110w you will have the following:
LNB Type: OCSDP
LNB Freq: 11250
Transponder: 12224
Diseqc Sw: Port 2
22KHz Sw: OFF
Now if the Linear Sat cable is connected to the 22KHz side of the switch, then the follow: in Antenna Settings:
LNB Type: Standard/Single
LNB Freq: 10750
Transponder: Depends on what Sat.
22KHz Sw: ON
Diseqc Sw: None.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)