HELP-->Switching To Dish! Prefered Equipment/Programming When Ordering For 3 Rooms?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I forgot to mention one other drawback of EA, although it may not apply to LQQK's case. There are fewer SD duplicate channels on EA. So, for those who like to record in SD (instead of HD) to save hard drive space, there is less chance that you would be able to do that on EA.

Reactions: LQQK
GREAT, ya saved me some WTF IS THIS...I'm looking at the list and trying to understand what I'm seeing at the moment!!!Spot Beam 20 & 13
The "Satellite" column is what you really need to look at. For your list, 129 is the farthest west satellite on WA, and 61.5 is the farthest east satellite on EA. Your HD locals are on both satellites.

Western Arc checking in.. the PQ better be the same on both arcs!

Also concerning SD duplicates.. there’s another benefit besides recording SD to save space.. if it rains hard and blocks the HD signal, it’ll fall back to SD which usually still works during heavy rain.

All I know is that I have had both DIRECTV and DISH at the same time about 10 years ago. I kept DISH over DIRECTV. I have Eastern arc dish for my area and have been on eastern arc since 2008 ,but I can do either arc with my locals. I had Directv on one input and DISH on the other. I had to adjust the settings that looked best for either company and they were not the same. Directv looked sharper to me on HD, but there was more jagged lines and artifacts in the backgrounds, so I had to turn down both sharpness, contrast and brightness to hide the artifacts. DISH looked uniformly more softer with a smoother picture but less artifacts in the background, so I turned up the sharpness and contrast and brightness. I have my settings on my Vizio 4k tv set for Vivd mode and the only thing I really change is the brightness is about 5 degrees turned up to 35 because in dark scenes the back grounds fade away and all you see is their faces. I also have auto brightness on High mode. Color is at 80 . My picture looks great to me . SD looks pretty good on DISH compared to the abysmal SD on Directv. I suggest that you play with your picture controls to make the picture look more to your liking. I also suggest that you will also adjust in time to your picture, the longer you stay with DISH .

Reactions: JSheridan
All I know is that I have had both DIRECTV and DISH at the same time about 10 years ago. I kept DISH over DIRECTV. I have Eastern arc dish for my area and have been on eastern arc since 2008 ,but I can do either arc with my locals. I had Directv on one input and DISH on the other. I had to adjust the settings that looked best for either company and they were not the same. Directv looked sharper to me on HD, but there was more jagged lines and artifacts in the backgrounds, so I had to turn down both sharpness, contrast and brightness to hide the artifacts. DISH looked uniformly more softer with a smoother picture but less artifacts in the background, so I turned up the sharpness and contrast and brightness. I have my settings on my Vizio 4k tv set for Vivd mode and the only thing I really change is the brightness is about 5 degrees turned up to 35 because in dark scenes the back grounds fade away and all you see is their faces. I also have auto brightness on High mode. Color is at 80 . My picture looks great to me . SD looks pretty good on DISH compared to the abysmal SD on Directv. I suggest that you play with your picture controls to make the picture look more to your liking. I also suggest that you will also adjust in time to your picture, the longer you stay with DISH .

I'll be doing some calibrating on a couple of my TVs...I'm not a fan of Vivid (Torch) Mode, but a lot of folks do like the setting. Thanks fer the suggestion!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Have a couple of Questions.

When on the "Dish Multi-Channel View Channel (6 Screens)" how do you select one of them and change to a different Channel?

Is there an easy/simple way to delete a recording while it's recording, and also how about when watching an already recorded show and it gets to the end of the show or ya decided ya don't wanna watch it to the end.

Received the 6 Rubber Skins for my model 54 remotes...They are great, thanks again for the Tip!

Reactions: HipKat
Have a couple of Questions.

When on the "Dish Multi-Channel View Channel (6 Screens)" how do you select one of them and change to a different Channel?

Is there an easy/simple way to delete a recording while it's recording, and also how about when watching an already recorded show and it gets to the end of the show or ya decided ya don't wanna watch it to the end.

Received the 6 Rubber Skins for my model 54 remotes...They are great, thanks again for the Tip!
Multiview is only 4 screens. When you first bring it up, the upper left screen has a red band around it. That is the screen that will have sound. To move around you simply press the arrow keys on your remote. The red band will follow you as well as the sound. To change a channel within multiview, while in a red band, press the number keys to the channel you want.

Reactions: LQQK and pattykay
Multiview is only 4 screens. When you first bring it up, the upper left screen has a red band around it. That is the screen that will have sound. To move around you simply press the arrow keys on your remote. The red band will follow you as well as the sound. To change a channel within multiview, while in a red band, press the number keys to the channel you want.

On mine, Channel 100 is displaying 6 Screens.

The 4 screens are one of the PIP selections.

Reactions: littlecloud319
You cannot change the channel selection on channel 100 as that is controlled by DISH

Guess I'll remove it from my favorites list because they always have Lame channels on + not being able to navigate & or change the channel...Strange!

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)