HELP-->Switching To Dish! Prefered Equipment/Programming When Ordering For 3 Rooms?

If you need it call and get it, cancel asap.

It's prorated except for the cancellation fee if less than 6 mos, I believe..

Reactions: pattykay
If you need it call and get it, cancel asap.

It's prorated except for the cancellation fee if less than 6 mos, I believe...

W/O Dish Protect, I experience a software or hardware problem. Does that mean I'm on my own to solve and or fix the problem W/O any help from Dish?

Guess I don't fully understand what Dish does for its customers when they have problems with or without Dish protect?

Reactions: johnr475
No, you're not on your own. The truth is, if Dish tries to charge you for a tech visit and you argue it, they usually buckle on the cost and set it up free or tell you to sign up for the Protection plan to lower the cost to $10 or $15 bucks, then you can cancel it, with a cancellation fee. IMO, it's 9 bucks a month for insurance, like 30 cents a day. I'd just keep it. but that's me.

The remote 54.0 that comes with the H3, will it control an AVR, TV + the H3? If Yes, Does it switch between UHF & IR automatically or do ya have to hit a button/switch each time ya wanna do volume control via the AVR and again to change the channel on the H3?

Depending on the capabilities of your AVR and TV, you might be interested in checking out HDMI-CEC (and possibly HDMI ARC) technologies.

No, you're not on your own. The truth is, if Dish tries to charge you for a tech visit and you argue it, they usually buckle on the cost and set it up free or tell you to sign up for the Protection plan to lower the cost to $10 or $15 bucks, then you can cancel it, with a cancellation fee. IMO, it's 9 bucks a month for insurance, like 30 cents a day. I'd just keep it. but that's me.

OK, If I'm understanding this correctly!!! I get the install, the next day I have a problem, they have to send a tech. I'm responsible for the total cost of the service call because I didn't purchase Dish Protect or $10-$15 if I do purchase it...This is disturbing.

OK, If I'm understanding this correctly!!! I get the install, the next day I have a problem, they have to send a tech. I'm responsible for the total cost of the service call because I didn't purchase Dish Protect or $10-$15 if I do purchase it...This is disturbing.
There you go again, overthinking yourself into a tizzy! I have never had a service plan and have never been charged a service call...perhaps because I am a long time customer.

Reactions: HipKat and pattykay
There you go again, overthinking yourself into a tizzy! I have never had a service plan and have never been charged a service call...perhaps because I am a long time customer.

So, I'll tell them I know you if I have a problem!...I'm doing my homework. Dish, DTV & Cable have earned the reputation as being ______!

Well, no. As you already alluded to, the next day, you would have DPP Silver. If you do not continue it after the 6 free months, then perhaps you would be charged when you have a problem.

Look LQQK , Dish just makes everything a line item, and then allows you to choose whether you want to pay for it or now. Don't want locals? Then you save $10/month (or whatever the new price is). Want DPP? OK, that is $8.99/month.

They also make it easy to add/remove those things via mydish.com, so you can change your mind later. So, if you cancel DPP after the promo period, and then you have a problem, just add it to your account before you call for help. That is my theory anyway. I am sure others here will correct me if I am wrong in my thinking.

Last edited:
dishnow.com - dish.com

I know, I'm over thinking but why are their different websites...I'm ready to order and different sites come up on Google???

Which one should I place my order thru?

dishnow.com - dish.com

I know, I'm over thinking but why are their different websites...I'm ready to order and different sites come up on Google???

Which one should I place my order thru?
Dishnow.com is an authorized retailer, not a local retailer. Dish.com is the Dish site. If you don't have a local retailer (your best choice), go with Dish.com. You can also call Dish directly to order at 1 (800) 333-3474...

Dishnow.com is an authorized retailer, not a local retailer. Dish.com is the Dish site. If you don't have a local retailer (your best choice), go with Dish.com. You can also call Dish directly to order at 1 (800) 333-3474...
Thank you.

My next post will hopefully be about the great experience I had ordering dish TV!!!

Reactions: charlesrshell
That soon after the install, you would still be under warranty, even without Dish Protect. The service call would be free.

Well...Its been 7 days since my install...

Hopper 3, 2-4K Joeys 5-Model 54 Remotes, 2-Model 40 remotes & 2 Echo Dots...America's Everything Pack, Local Channels.

Only a few things I don't like.

Poor Pic Quality due to overcompression, DTV is way better.

TV Land not available in HD!

Remotes not thought out enough. The 54's need a few more of the 40s functions. Also the 54s are very slick/slippery, should have some type of anti slip (Rubber Like) on bottom and sides.

Some of the things I'm Liking.

Really love the Side by Side & Multi Pic, better than DTVs.

A Much-Much Better guide than DTV.

DVR is Better than DTV.

Talk To Remote.

There are some features I miss but overall, DISH has enough Bells & Whistles to make me Happy.

Thanks to all who put up with my Newbie Type Questions, yer help was invaluable.

Well...Its been 7 days since my install...

Hopper 3, 2-4K Joeys 5-Model 54 Remotes, 2-Model 40 remotes & 2 Echo Dots...America's Everything Pack, Local Channels.

Only a few things I don't like.

Poor Pic Quality due to overcompression, DTV is way better.

TV Land not available in HD!

Remotes not thought out enough. The 54's need a few more of the 40s functions. Also the 54s are very slick/slippery, should have some type of anti slip (Rubber Like) on bottom and sides.

Some of the things I'm Liking.

Really love the Side by Side & Multi Pic, better than DTVs.

A Much-Much Better guide than DTV.

DVR is Better than DTV.

Talk To Remote.

There are some features I miss but overall, DISH has enough Bells & Whistles to make me Happy.

Thanks to all who put up with my Newbie Type Questions, yer help was invaluable.
I'm concerned about your 'way better' comment. It should not be way better, somewhat better OK but not way better. So, I want to make sure that you are set up correctly. First, how are you connected from receiver to TV on all of your areas? Next, are you sure that you are outputting at least a 1080i picture? Is it just some channels or is it all channels? Let's start there....

I'm concerned about your 'way better' comment. It should not be way better, somewhat better OK but not way better. So, I want to make sure that you are set up correctly. First, how are you connected from receiver to TV on all of your areas? Next, are you sure that you are outputting at least a 1080i picture? Is it just some channels or is it all channels? Let's start there....

The image on all three of my TVs for lack of a better word are soft.

HDMI all three.

On two of the TVs HDMI is being fed directly, the other TV HDMI being fed through a Denon receiver and then HDMI from receiver to TV.
1081i all three.

Obviously standard DEF channels suck. I try to avoid them at all cost only one I currently will watch, TV land.

I may have exaggerated way better but the image definitely is not up to par with DirecTV!

The image on all three of my TVs for lack of a better word are soft.

HDMI all three.

On two of the TVs HDMI is being fed directly, the other TV HDMI being fed through a Denon receiver and then HDMI from receiver to TV.
1081i all three.

Obviously standard DEF channels suck. I try to avoid them at all cost only one I currently will watch, TV land.

I may have exaggerated way better but the image definitely is not up to par with DirecTV!

Not to turn this into a HD request thread that’ll never get fulfilled, but +1 for TV Land in HD!

Sorry to hear about picture quality.. I didn’t notice too much of a difference when I switched from Directv but I’m not much of an videophile.

Remotes not thought out enough. The 54's need a few more of the 40s functions.
Which specific functions are you missing from the 40's? The functions of the Diamond Buttons on the 54's can be customized to replace some of the missing functionality that the 40's have buttons for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)