HELP-->Switching To Dish! Prefered Equipment/Programming When Ordering For 3 Rooms?

The DTV Satellite Dish is where I want the Dish-Dish to be installed. Does Dish normally remove the DTV Dish & replace with theirs?
Not usually, but, if you have a local installer you might arrange that. Keep in mind that DirectV satellites are not in exactly the same spots that Dish satellites are. As long as you have complete line of sight to the Dish satellites you are OK.

The DTV Satellite Dish is where I want the Dish-Dish to be installed. Does Dish normally remove the DTV Dish & replace with theirs?
Even if they do, it really doesn't make a difference, when you call Directv to cancel service, whether their receivers are still connected to the satellite dish or not. So, you might as well wait until the Directv dish is removed before cancelling service. There is no need to cancel it before getting the dish removed or getting another service installed.

I do, if it's going in the same spot. Some techs may not or may try to tell you they have to charge you 50 bucks, which I cry BS. It's a few 1/2 bolts and takes about a minute.

Reactions: charlesrshell
OK, I give up. Can you narrow it down where you see it?
Under "Preferred Customer Offer" (formerly known as "Renewal Offer") On my account, it looks like this:

"Preferred Customer Offer

You successfully agreed to the offer below on 10/07/2016. This offer will become effective on 10/07/2016. Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.

2 Year TV Credit With Commitment"

...with the terms of the contract immediately below that. This section may not appear in everyone's mydish account, though. It might only be for those who accepted the Renewal Offer.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Under "Preferred Customer Offer" (formerly known as "Renewal Offer") On my account, it looks like this:

"Preferred Customer Offer

You successfully agreed to the offer below on 10/07/2016. This offer will become effective on 10/07/2016. Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.

2 Year TV Credit With Commitment"

...with the terms of the contract immediately below that. This section may not appear in everyone's mydish account, though. It might only be for those who accepted the Renewal Offer.
I must not be a Preferred customer. I don't see it. :(

Charles if you got the two year price lock it will show up on the bottom of your account page where you see equipment, or profile, programming etc. IF you didn't get a two year price lock you won't see it at all.
Thanks MikeD-C05. I don't see it. I will call DISH Monday. I need to cancel a few packages and check on the price lock. Thanks again.

The remote 54.0 that comes with the H3, will it control an AVR, TV + the H3? If Yes, Does it switch between UHF & IR automatically or do ya have to hit a button/switch each time ya wanna do volume control via the AVR and again to change the channel on the H3?

The volume controls on the 54 remote will control the volume on your AVR without pushing any extra buttons. You will be able to change channels and control volume straight up.

Reactions: pattykay and LQQK
You must press the AUX button on the side then power to turn on the AVR, then press the SAT button and power to turn on the TV.

I haven't found a mode where TV and AVR both come on with one power button press.

In SAT mode volume/mute and channels can be changed with no change in mode.

Reactions: LQQK
You must press the AUX button on the side then power to turn on the AVR, then press the SAT button and power to turn on the TV.

I haven't found a mode where TV and AVR both come on with one power button press.

In SAT mode volume/mute and channels can be changed with no change in mode.
Thank-U!

I know what I'm gonna request/order from DISH this week...One thing I'm not sure about, Dish Protect. Free Silver for 6 months then $8.99 month. Is it worth/recommended to keep after the 6-month promo expires?

I know what I'm gonna request/order from DISH this week...One thing I'm not sure about, Dish Protect. Free Silver for 6 months then $8.99 month. Is it worth/recommended to keep after the 6-month promo expires?

Keep your money, you can always add dish protection later if needed.

Reactions: pattykay and Bobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)