HELP-->Switching To Dish! Prefered Equipment/Programming When Ordering For 3 Rooms?

The volume has nothing to do with it and the 54 has dedicated buttons. I think you're starting to think too much about the little things.Old timers like the 40 remotes because they're similar to older remotes on other receivers and they're familiar with them. The 54 is a fine remote and the backlight is worth having it alone. As far as the voice, I bet most people never use it

Yep, I'm that guy...When in the Homework/Research Mode the details/little things can easily get overlooked!...I'm one of those who won't fall for the sales pitch...I wanna know as much as possible so I don't have to correct a mistake (reorder or replace)...This (Satellite Guys Forum) is one of the most beneficial tools I'm using to make a determination on IF I wanna switch from DTV>DISH.

The equipment and its functionality (Simplicity or Complicated) is very high on my list of Pro VS Con...IMO, the Remote is one of the most important links (Equipment) to enjoying a TV Or a Full Blown Home-Theater...Nothing worse than being frustrated because the remote is not capable of delivering a satisfying experience.

I see the voice control as nothing more than a Gimmick, I'm probably wrong, time will tell. I also thought "OK Google", "Hey Siri" or "Alexa" was a Gimmick, Now I use it way more than I ever thought I would...Sorry for Rambling-On!!!

Yep, I'm that guy...When in the Homework/Research Mode the details/little things can easily get overlooked!...I'm one of those who won't fall for the sales pitch...I wanna know as much as possible so I don't have to correct a mistake (reorder or replace)...This (Satellite Guys Forum) is one of the most beneficial tools I'm using to make a determination on IF I wanna switch from DTV>DISH.

The equipment and its functionality (Simplicity or Complicated) is very high on my list of Pro VS Con...IMO, the Remote is one of the most important links (Equipment) to enjoying a TV Or a Full Blown Home-Theater...Nothing worse than being frustrated because the remote is not capable of delivering a satisfying experience.

I see the voice control as nothing more than a Gimmick, I'm probably wrong, time will tell. I also thought "OK Google", "Hey Siri" or "Alexa" was a Gimmick, Now I use it way more than I ever thought I would...Sorry for Rambling-On!!!
It sounds like to me you need to go with the 40.0 remote control. But, you might want to get at least one 54.0 to try out occasionally and see how you like it. The back lite feature is awesome. I like using the voice control to search for movies. It does a pretty good job for me.

Reactions: pattykay
It sounds like to me you need to go with the 40.0 remote control. But, you might want to get at least one 54.0 to try out occasionally and see how you like it. The back lite feature is awesome. I like using the voice control to search for movies. It does a pretty good job for me.

I'm gonna get the 54.0 remotes to use as mains. I'll also try to purchase a couple of the 40s, I like the dedicated buttons + never hurts to have options and more than one remote in a room.

I'm currently trying to decide what route (If Possible) to go as far as having Multi-Pic & or PIP for the Main Room & Fun/Man Room TVs.

In my main room, with the Hopper 3, I have a 40, 50, 52, 54, and a Harmony 700 remote. Mostly I use my Harmony because it easily controls my entire home theater setup. The only thing it is missing is the voice option. If I want that I simply pick up the 50 or 54 remote, mostly the 54...

Reactions: charlesrshell
In my main room, with the Hopper 3, I have a 40, 50, 52, 54, and a Harmony 700 remote. Mostly I use my Harmony because it easily controls my entire home theater setup. The only thing it is missing is the voice option. If I want that I simply pick up the 50 or 54 remote, mostly the 54...

I still have 3 Harmony One's laying around...I used to help friends & family with setting up their Home Theaters. I strongly recommended the H1 to make life easier on them & me (Call Backs), it was such a good value and once learned, became an extension of yer Brain/Fingers!

Yeah, Logitech stopped making them. Now they have better but DTV & DISH (from what I've read so far) put out fairly good remotes for the masses.
The DTV and Dish remotes still don't have a way to turn everything on and off, change inputs, etc, with one button... ;)

Reactions: navychop
In your original quote for $94 I didn't see a programming package.
Did I just miss it. The quote seems pretty low for all the programs that were discussed.

To get multi view in a second room you would need a second H3. It can be done, but not every CSR or installer will know how.
Several of the experts here have done it. I am surprised they haven't chimed in yet. Unfortunately I am not one of them.

Yes, a second H3 would be needed to be able to use multiview in the second room. To have a second H3 in your setup you need to purchase that second H3. That is not an inexpensive purchase. I guess that cost for the ability to have multiview on that second TV would be part of the decision making. Just how important is it....

Did I just miss it. The quote seems pretty low for all the programs that were discussed.

To get multi view in a second room you would need a second H3. It can be done, but not every CSR or installer will know how.
Several of the experts here have done it. I am surprised they haven't chimed in yet. Unfortunately I am not one of them.

If the room is nearby you could use an HDMI splitter and share with the tv the H3 is connected to. Or you could use a wireless HDMI transmitter in addition to the splitter. The cost might end up being about the same with the wireless transmitter but you would avoid the long talk with Customer Service.

People use Multiview??

I'm a "PEOPLE" and yes, I'd use it!

Saturday's & Sundays, I use Splitscreen a lot (DTV Genie). I would really like to be able to have 4 screens on the days when several games are on at the same time.

Splitscreen for the main room would suffice, but 4+ Screens would be sweet in my hideaway!

Last edited:

The quote was for Americas Top 250...But I may go with America's Everything Pack because the wife loves her Movie Channels!

You say it seemed low-priced, are they not disclosing something to me?

I use multi view on my Hopper 3 to kick it into 4k and then as long as I don't turn off the receiver , everything is at 2160p or 4k. I just DISH would enable this feature as a setting so we could keep our receiver in 4k or upconverted to 4k output. Until then I will use multi-view to turn it on.

I use multi view on my Hopper 3 to kick it into 4k and then as long as I don't turn off the receiver , everything is at 2160p or 4k. I just DISH would enable this feature as a setting so we could keep our receiver in 4k or upconverted to 4k output. Until then I will use multi-view to turn it on.
How do you know when a show you are watching thru the Hopper is 1080p or 2160p. It doesn't say in the info screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)