HELP-->Switching To Dish! Prefered Equipment/Programming When Ordering For 3 Rooms?

So the Voice remote is not "THE" one to get? Do ya have a link to the 40 & 54? I'll do a search but if ya have a lead to some good info, lay-it-on-me...Please!
I have a mixture of both 40.0 & 54.0. I would say I like them equal. Maybe get two of each and go from there. If you have guest visit I would think the 40.0 will be the best for them. It is more of a traditional remote control they are probably use too

DISH Remote Control Overviews | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Reactions: charlesrshell
Been reading/researching...Is Side By Side & Multi-View only available on the Hopper3 and not the Joey4K?...I really would like the feature on at least 2 TVs?

Reactions: pattykay
But all in all, it sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Especially if you don’t know if your local guy is an installer or an order taker only.

But all in all, it sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Especially if you don’t know if your local guy is an installer or an order taker only.

I went to the local installer. They told me they couldn't match the offer that Dish online offered...They said that dish waves fees they can't because they have to eat them...

Reactions: navychop
Been reading/researching...Is Side By Side & Multi-View only available on the Hopper3 and not the Joey4K?...I really would like the feature on at least 2 TVs?
Just the Hopper gets PIP and Multiview. None of the Joeys, 4K or otherwise, is capable.

Reactions: LQQK
Also if you know someone who is already on Dish, get a referral code from them and you will get a free Amazon Echo.
I live in Nashville area and always go with Dish Directly. They have their own people who come out.

I went to the local installer. They told me they couldn't match the offer that Dish online offered...They said that dish waves fees they can't because they have to eat them...
Then just go with Dish directly. For the most part, I have never had any problems with the techs they send.

if you have a good one.
THIS being the key phrase. In my market, there are about a 1/2 dozen retailers and I wouldn't give them a rope to save their lives if they were drowning. Following their poorly trained "techs" is a nightmare, hence my early hatred for retailers when I first started posting here

Reactions: ncted
There is an electronic repair business in my town that offers DTV or Dish...Should I go through a place like that or deal only with the CS at Dish.Com to get the best service or does it even matter?

OK, Here is what Dish.Com has offered. Am I or they leaving out anything + Is this a good deal?

Hopper3 (Activation $53.62)
2 - Joey 4K's
3 - Voice Remotes
Free Echo Dot
HD Free 4 Life
Dish Protect Silver Free for 6months then $8.99 month
HBO, SHO, Dish Movie Pack, Starz Free 3 months then $55.00 month
Free Installation
2-year price lock After Promo ends $94.99 ($107.54 Tax/Fees) With Auto-Pay
Looks about right. Didn't they hit you for 50 bucke each on the 4K Joeys?

I do like dedicated buttons.I'm a little leery of voice control especially if ya have the volume cranked!
The volume has nothing to do with it and the 54 has dedicated buttons. I think you're starting to think too much about the little things. Old timers like the 40 remotes because they're similar to older remotes on other receivers and they're familiar with them. The 54 is a fine remote and the back light is worth having it alone. As far as the voice, I bet most people never use it

THIS being the key phrase. In my market, there are about a 1/2 dozen retailers and I wouldn't give them a rope to save their lives if they were drowning. Following their poorly trained "techs" is a nightmare, hence my early hatred for retailers when I first started posting here

Yea, there's some bad apples in all the barrels. I feel the same way going behind some of the RSP 'techs' that DISH uses around here.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Oh I'm with you. I have a ton of pics I've taken of garbage installs from other techs, some retailers, some in our shop. They're like mad scientists - piece it together, got live TV, buh bye!

I went to service a HughesNet install where some yahoo mounted the dish to a rotten tree stump about 18 inches off the ground. Unbelievable!!!

I went to service a HughesNet install where some yahoo mounted the dish to a rotten tree stump about 18 inches off the ground. Unbelievable!!!
lol, I've seen dishes mounted to tree stumps before. Not Hughesnet though. Yikes!!
The very best are all the pole mounts I go to where the customer has signal loss and I start to turn the dish and pole turns freely because they never had concrete.

lol, I've seen dishes mounted to tree stumps before. Not Hughesnet though. Yikes!!
The very best are all the pole mounts I go to where the customer has signal loss and I start to turn the dish and pole turns freely because they never had concrete.

Yea, the DirecTV sub contractors around here seem to be allergic to concrete. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)