Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vintagesports

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
PR
Hi everyone,
I need to identify this satellite dish manufacturer. It is a 12 footer.
By chance any one has the specs?
I have it connected to HH mount with Ajak motor.
I have had it for quite a while but was not using it and now cannot move it not even with a Titanium. It is stuck.
Took the motor out and tested it. It is working properly and reed switch is also working.
Must be something in the gear mount. Would hate to take it apart to take to a shop. Any ideas on how and where to lubricate gear?
Thank you for keeping this forum still up. Have found very useful information through the years.

Merry Christmas to all!

Attachments

• BUD1.jpg
    BUD1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 349
  • BUD2.jpg
    BUD2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 321
The main shaft (polar axis) is probably rusted. You will need to pull it apart and clean and lubricate. It's not hard to do.
ajak2dis-002-jpg.88316

Thank you Magic Static. I was reading your post from a year ago. Very helpful! I will start by taking dish down to disassemble shaft. It is a12 footer and I would need to take panels down by myself.
ajak2dis-002-jpg.88316
[/QUOTE]

Glad to be of help. Lots of other helpful folks here too. I'm sure we can supply enough information to get you up and running. :)

Reactions: KE4EST
Was able to take the panels off today and took down the mount. Have never taken apart the half moon gear and worm. Don't know where to start. I will give it a shot as soon as I can. Getting this HH mount to work is worthwhile.

Attachments

• nopanels1.jpg
    nopanels1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 255
  • panels.jpg
    panels.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: Magic Static
More pics

Attachments

• nopanels.jpg
    nopanels.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 242
  • hh mount.jpg
    hh mount.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 266
  • gearmount4.jpg
    gearmount4.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 275
  • gearmount3.jpg
    gearmount3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: Magic Static
I have posted a picture of my Ajak motor. Found out that one of the diodes is not working. I was able to find a replacement online. Will replace as soon as it arrives. Anyone know how to check if the motor is operating at full force? These 12 footers are heavy so I guess the motor can worn down with time. Not sure

Attachments

• Ajak motor2.jpg
    Ajak motor2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 222
The only place you might check for wear would be the motor brushes and commutator on the armature they ride on. Since the motor is not in constant service like a fan motor they don't usually wear out.

Now going back to the original question. I would like to know by the pictures in the first post what model or make is the dish? I believe it is a Unimesh but not sure.

12 footers are not very common around here and I'm not familiar with most. The biggest help in I'ding a dish is the factory made mount. Yours is on an AJAK which does not offer any clues as to the dish manufacturer. Many dishes were mounted to AJAKs BITD. So it may be difficult to determine the specs of the dish that way. The other way is to measure the diameter of the parabola and the depth of the dish. These two numbers determine the focal length and F/D ratio.

Reassembling the dish will be no problem. My problem is dissasembling the hh gears worm and half moon. Never done that before. That is why I had to take everything apart to clean it and grease it as the dish was not moving. Especially when it was in the lowest positions east and west.
I was having to assist it to help get it going.
Very frustrating. Hopefully once I clean and regrease it would travel the horizon without any push pull of the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts