help vistar2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rayado500

Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
Hi,I have a vistar2000 fta receiver.How can I change pal to ntsc?I dont have de remote control :(
please help me.
thank`s

Hello! I don't think you will manage without the remote : ( Maybe you can buy a new one, good luck. Maybe someone here has the answer for you

Just as cheap getting a new receiver with blind scan, rather than throw good money at an old box, guess if it works for what you want GREAT, and a universal remote an be used for for other TV's....

rayado500 said:
Hi,I have a vistar2000 fta receiver.How can I change pal to ntsc?I dont have de remote control :(
please help me.
thank`s

If you got it off Ebay, the front panel is disabled. You'd have to do the wiring to get the front to work.

I dont know if you can change to PAL/NTSC from the front (mine is still disabled so I dont know)

I haven't gotten a universal remote to work yet for it

It is possible to get the front panel to work. They list the instructions on theie site. I started doing it and got part of the buttons to work

channel down.
volume up
info

But the remote does the rest

Could you post that link for the wiring Iceberg? I am having trouble finding it on there home page http://www.middletowneng.com/index.htm. Or did you find it somewhere else?

Thanks
Ken

Iceberg said:
It is possible to get the front panel to work. They list the instructions on theie site. I started doing it and got part of the buttons to work

channel down.
volume up
info

But the remote does the rest

OK I know you asked Iceberg BUT I would like to add my 2 cents.

I bought one of these units like two months ago or so. I bought the Unit on Ebay for like $60 and it was shipped fast. I have the unit working on Dish 119 sat and it works OK. There is an old saying. time or $$$. I wish I would have spend another $30 or $40 to get a unit that has the Bind(?) search feature. If you know what you are doing and only want to receive 10 transponders, at a time, the unit works find. It takes a far amount of time to program and does not appear to have a list only free channels function. Now that I know how to program it I hope to get 10R the next time I find some time to bring my P* dish over to an open field near my house. I once receive T5? BUT I did not know what I was doing at the time.

Good luck if you get one.

Cascade said:
Iceberg, are these receivers any good?

Cascade said:
Iceberg, are these receivers any good?

I did a review this past weekend but haven't posted it yet (the computer I have at home I forgot to save it as a Word document so I can upload it from work).

But mostly what ken said...yeah, they're 60 bucks...but they are limited on what they can do

Status
Please reply by conversation.