Help. Voom Component to RGB problems

eddiew

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
I had Voom installed a couple of days ago. All my inputs must be RGB into a switcher that goes to my Runco 980 projector. My Voom is giving me some trouble ( only has Component and DVI outputs ). First I tried the Audio Authority 09A62 Transcoder, big mistake in that it only goes up to 480p. Then I tried the Key Digital CTCA2 from Copperbox. It does not do a very good job at all ( I tried tweeking all the settings ). Everything is washed out and the colors are all screwed up. I wonder if I got a bad transcoder? Should this thing work? Suggestions please. Thanks. :(

Please post if you get this fixed.

I have a runco dtv-852 and was wondering what I needed to hook voom up to it. The place that installed it years ago said it would cost 5K to buy a transcoder.

MODE sw1 sw2 sw3 sw4 sw5 sw6 sw7 sw8 sw9
1080i OFF OFF ON OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF
720p OFF ON OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF
480p* ON OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF

Have you tried these combos??

The KD-CTCA3 is the newest version which supposedly doesn't need any prodding to get it to work correctly.

Mr Biggles, yes Ive tried them all. Im beginning to think I have a bad CTCA2. Or its just not compatible.

Maybe a stupid question, but you have the V* STB on a set resolution output and not in the auto mode correct?

The KD-CTCA3 is the newest version which supposedly doesn't need any prodding to get it to work correctly.

I am using the KD-CTCA3 and it works perfectly. Like Mr. Biggles mentioned, you should check to see that you are sending the correct resolution output (1080i or 720p should be your choices). Then connect the RGB output of the transcoder directly to the Runco input (if you can), leaving out the switcher for troubleshooting purposes.

Guys , I have read the voom manuel over and over and I never saw any info on how to select 1080i or 720p. I have been through the system settings screen also and do not see this option. Please point me in the right direction.

Hey guys, One more question while im at it. My stb has a little door on the right side of it. When open and looking in it appears empty. Whats with this little door?

eddiew--You change native resolution by opening the little door on the lower right front of the STB, and pressing the little red button. It changes the res every time you press it, and will cause one of the light bars on the front of the box to light up temporarily. If you press the little red button until the top light bar is the only one that flashes, you will be in 1080i.

The other door you mention is 'right around the corner' from the door that conceals the little red button. No clue what that is for--mine's emtpy too. It looks like something can plug in there, but I have no idea what that might be.

The Stone Man said:
eddiew--

The other door you mention is 'right around the corner' from the door that conceals the little red button. No clue what that is for--mine's emtpy too. It looks like something can plug in there, but I have no idea what that might be.

MPEG-4 Module...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts