Help what do use for dish support

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
My motor broke and I have order an actuator arm from Sadoun, but until it gets here im getting some atlantic satellites manually, Im using a chair for dish support , but its not sturdy for high winds
what does anyone recommend I use.

Thanks

Attachments

• d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 167
  • d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 185
nope its broken and it cannot reach to the atlantic sats im watching right now

Flat piece of steel with holes drilled in the right places would work. Holes, or long slots in it would be even better, that way you can just tighten down bolts when you hit the right sat. I have one I'm doing that with now but it only goes to 91W. , lol (short piece of metal was all I had)

I would use a flat piece of steel. Back in the 80's I had an actuator arm that used a hand crank to move to the various satellites.

Hi, I would think that if you can use the chair to support the dish then you should be able to mark the spots to drill holes in a 2x4 and mount it with large (same dia as the motor used) lag bolts. That should make a quick and sturdy temp support for your dish. Later, DC

Yep... He had a pic of it, but I can't seem to find the thread. I would be worried about a kid coming along and taking the wagon away. This would probably happen during the recording of an important feed or backhaul ;) ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)