Help with 722k and LG Blu-Ray/Surround Sound

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
Hello

I am a Directv user, so pardon me if I use some incorrect lingo. My parents just upgraded to Dish Network HD from SD. They have a 722k DVR now and they also got a LG Blu-Ray surround sound unit. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to make the Dish Remote control the LG unit for volume, etc. I have tried the codes, etc, but nothing works. Before I tell them it's a lost cause, does anyone have any tips on making this work? I have tried methods on both page 82 and 83 of the manual. The manual is very clear but it just doesn't work...

I was able to make the channel order proper. Having it go from bigger to smaller numbers was annoying them (and me for the past 2 days) to no end. I was able to make 6 hours show (I wish Directv would do that). I am confused as to how the RSN channels operate, I can tune to the SD version, but the HD version is blank. They don't watch sports, so that's not an issue. I am assuming this is similar to how Directv does the -1 channels for Part time, I was just surprised to see it on EVERY RSN. I love the search feature, mainly because you have one. Directv's search is worthless.

But, as stated earlier, I can't make the volume be controlled through the LG unit. I appreciate any help! Thanks.

I don't think the blu-ray player is going to make it's own sound... meaning the volume has to come from either the TV it's connected to or the audio receiver it is connected to. (Unless you have an all in one type unit - combination tuner/amplifier/blu-ray)

Yes, it is an all-in-one unit. Blu Ray and Surround sound. it's not very fancy and i am starting to think it's just not compatible and they'll have to use two remotes, which I was trying to avoid.

If you search remote learn functions you can find how to teach the 722 (21.x) remote commands from another remote. It works often as a last ditch effort

If you are using the Dish 21.0 remote, try these codes using the AUX button: 615, 673, 824, 836 or 899. If one works for audio on the LG unit, you then can do this below to lock the remote to controlling the LG unit for volume instead of the tv:

1 Press and hold the AUX
mode button until all mode
buttons are lit, then release
it. The AUX mode button
will blink.
2 Press the POUND (#)
button.
3 Press the plus (+) side of
the VOLUME button.
4 Press the 0 number button.
5 Press the POUND (#)
button. The AUX mode
button flashes three times

The remote will now control the LG units volume in normal mode instead of the tv's volume

Almost EVERYONE with a sound bar, regardless of make, has the same problem. Follow the above GOOD advice of using the 21.0 remote learning capability.

Here's one more code to try with the Dish 21.0 remote. It worked for me with a Visio soundbar: 833

It would be easier to help, if you provided the model number of the LG Blu-ray/soundbar unit.

Thanks for all the replies. I am no longer at their house but I will be again in July and will try all of these suggestions then. There is no local forecast on the Weather Channel. My mom said there is used to be something there to press on the old receiver (basic SD receiver from 2004) but there is nothing now.

I noticed last time I was at their house (with the SD TV) that there was just the generic national scroll during the local forecast but there was an option to press a button and a banner would pop up with the forecast, radar, etc. (I think this is what she was talking about in my previous statement). This feature is no longer there. Their receiver is connected to the internet and phone line. Do even the advanced DVR receivers not have a real local forecast on Dish?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)