Help with a problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GoWulfpack919

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
NC
I'll cut to the chase and just say I recently moved over from Dish Network. With Dish, I had an elaborate tailgate setup and became proficient in finding signals in sometimes less than 5 minutes. Now I have DirecTV and just spent an hour in my yard, to no avail, practicing for this weekend.

I have two Dishes from which to use with an SL3 LNB that is NON SWM (4 coax ports) and an HD receiver (H24/100). The first Dish is a Phase III. I like this option better given its compact size. I attached the SL3 NON SWM LNB to the Phase III, powered everything up and started flying blind.

As I started browsing around the settings, I got to the section that asked for the "Dish Type". By default it said 17: Swingline 3S (SWM). I changed it to SL3 .

Below that it asked for "Switch Type" and this is where I got confused. Should I leave this on "SWM" or "Multi-switch" ?? For the record, I tried both and came up empty later on but I guess I need to know which one is correct.

Then I put the satellite search on 101 and swooped the sky using the settings on Dish Pointer. I couldn't find the signal but I don't know at this point whether it's because of a setting or because I ran out of patience.

I have the huge Swingline Dish sitting in my living room but I have read accounts online stating the Phase III /SL3 combo works for a tailgating/RV application just fine. At this point, I hope and want this setup to work and would appreciate any help.

Please help! :)

Last edited:
Getting a usable signal with a SL3 lnb and a Phase III dish is not all that easy. Do a search on the two. There is a thread about setting them up together.

Thanks....do you know if I had the settings right?

I don't know, but I would guess the multiswitch setting should be on SWM. The elevation settings will be different since the dish and arm are a different size. The skew and azimuth should be the same or very close. Have you looked for the other thread I mentioned? It may have the answers to your questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)