Help with aligning dish..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Im trying to align this 7 1/2 Perfect 10 and am having problems. I got this dish less than a mile from my house. The dish SHOULD be set correctly. If I move the dish to its highest point, then losen the mount, turn the dish and mount due south, It should be set right? I might have to change elevation but the east, west arc..should be in. Am i thinking this right?

also i live at

Latitude & Longitude: 37°57'09" N, 90°08'34" W

I cant find a chart with the proper elevation and declanation angles for me.
Could somone give me a link that i can look it up?

Thanks
Allen

If it was tracking right at the old loc, it should just need setting on the east-west. I'd try sighting it north/south , put the dish close to your due south and try to find a channel. Elevation should be pretty close since the dish was nearby.
Once you find one channel, and figure out what sat you're on, try one next to it and scan for channels again. If you have an analog rec it should be fairly easy. Of course with a meter it would be cake, but I never used one. But I've been doing it the hard way for about 20yrs too.

I wouldn't adjust the declination or elevation just yet,
Was this a working system, if so, did you get the rec. with it
If You got the rec. and actuator and everthing is hooked up an back like it was from previous install.
I would set the rec. to go to G1 tp-5 or G16 tp-16 these are analog channels
then rotate your dish on the pole ,picture should come in if no setting have been messed with. You should be close if not done, you should be tracking the arc.

yes my last dish to move, i took compass reading and set it back exactly like it was and it was pointed at g10 when i hooked up the coolsat and off only a hair when i tuned it for that satellite.

It appears to have been a fixed dish. on G5. Thats why I dont know for sure if the
declanaiton is set.. It had an inoperative dish mover on it, which I have replaced.
The elevation was loosend about all the way, I know that it will have to be reset.
Im using a Uniden 4600. Its a work in progress.

Thanks
allen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)