AMIKO Help with Amiko Mini HD265

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

canuckftanewbie

Original poster
Sep 12, 2020
Canada
Hi All,

FTA newbie here and a bit confused with how to use the Amiko Mini HD265.

I can get Galaxy 19 easily and when doing a blind scan on the unit, the channels come in.

I'm trying to get Galaxy 16 but this is where the trouble begins, especially with the two satellites being so close together. The blind scan keeps pulling in G19 again but they're all labeled as Galaxy 16. I tried different types of scans but it's like I can't get rid of this problem, it just keeps picking up G19 channels but showing as if they were on 16, I don't even know how to delete the channels then.

I thought there would be a way to specifically scan for G16 channels. Have tried watching the help videos and reading the manual but some of it is unclear. Is there a way to tell the unit specifically to scan G16 channels that is has come pre-programmed with as part of the North American list?

I understand tech but being new to FTA I'd like to avoid having to manually program any channels/transponders and hoped I could just scan for a particular sat it should have been already programmed with.

Thank you!

This problem is likely happening because of the satellite dish. The satellite receiver will blind scan in whatever signals it sees. Even if you manually enter only the transponders from the target satellite, you must not be receiving signals from the adjacent satellite in order for these services to be displayed with goid signal quality.

What satellite dish are you using? Brand, model and size.

With a proper sized antenna, it is possible to receive satellites with 2 degree spacing without overlap or adjacent satellite interference. A 90cm dish is 2 degree compliant, but a 75cm dish is not.

If your dish is 90cm or larger and you are still receiving signals from the adjacent satellite, it will either be because the dish is not correctly aimed, it is warped or the LNB feedhorn is incorrectly positioned.

Thanks, I'm already learning. I do have a 90cm dish so hopefully when I get the aim correct it should be okay. I was just hoping I could tell the receiver to only tell me when I'm getting G16 channels, that would help with aiming. I am not sure why it is incorrectly labeling the G19 channels as G16, does not seem like a useful function.

Thanks, will try tuning the frequency. Have to figure out how to do that!

Yes I'm moving the dish, I have it on a tripod on the ground with a clear view so it's easy to move. Being new to this I'm still getting a feel for how sensitive it is and the exact positioning.