OTHER Satellite finder

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Can anyone recommend a low cost modern tech satellite finder they have had a good experience with? I have an old serial birdog and I’m ready for something new.

Reactions: spongella
Have a few factory samples of a Dr.HD 500 combo meter that I could be talked out of at a nice below cost price... LOL :biggrin Give me a call if you are interested. I won't be offering tech support on this item (which I don't stock), but it was very easy for me to learn to use.

The 500 Combo is a self-powered meter head and uses BlueTooth to connect with any Android device running the Dr.HD app. Channel lists are built using the Android app. Simply drag the pointer over your location and a list of visible satellites with transponders is downloaded. Features 30fps spectrum analyzer display. Any frequency between 40…2250 MHz! :eeek

drhd-500-combo_2.jpg drhd-500-combo_7.jpg

Dr.HD 500 Combo

Have a few factory samples of a Dr.HD 500 combo meter that I could be talked out of at a nice below cost price... LOL :biggrin Give me a call if you are interested. I won't be offering tech support on this item (which I don't stock), but it was very easy for me to learn to use.

The 500 Combo is a self-powered meter head and uses BlueTooth to connect with any Android device running the Dr.HD app. Channel lists are built using the Android app. Simply drag the pointer over your location and a list of visible satellites with transponders is downloaded. Features 30fps spectrum analyzer display. Any frequency between 40…2250 MHz! :eeek

View attachment 139819 View attachment 139820

Dr.HD 500 Combo

Oh wow! As much as I'd love to get my hands on a this, I am iOS only. Thanks for offering though!!!!

Reactions: Titanium

View attachment 139819 View attachment 139820

Dr.HD 500 Combo

How suitable would the 500 be for limited knowledge users like many RV'ers to use for aiming portable tripod mounted dishes? I'm regularly asked for recommendations, but the high end meters turn them off quickly on price.

I love my Satlink 6916
I got it new for $25. You can get them online usually for $100 to $130.

They are very nice, quick, you can scan in and watch the actual channels on them, and best of all they show db and BER readouts on them.

I love my Satlink 6916
I got it new for $25. You can get them online usually for $100 to $130.

They are very nice, quick, you can scan in and watch the actual channels on them, and best of all they show db and BER readouts on them.

I ended up getting a V8 Finder and its good enough for now. A little slow and limited but it was cheap.

Reactions: spongella
I just ordered a Sathero SH-200HD from AliExpress for $63! Now the agonizing wait for shipping... glad to see it has a spectrum analyzer. Much more important to me than having a built in viewing screen or HDMI output. I like the size too! No more TVs at the dish!

I just ordered a Sathero SH-200HD from AliExpress for $63! Now the agonizing wait for shipping... glad to see it has a spectrum analyzer. Much more important to me than having a built in viewing screen or HDMI output. I like the size too! No more TVs at the dish!

Dear Captain Midnight,

Beware of those Ali/China outlets. I got mine from BangGood. Sounded good....how did I know. Came with other side of the world (China) satellite list. Tried to download U.S. sats. DB 9/RS232 Comm 1 connectors from old computers (luckily maybe with my old Dell Desktop). Still wouldn't speak to each other still. Will try to direct/manual loading TP's from U.S. Sat list per other user/member here (thanks) instructions. No instructions with SatHero (no speaka de English from China....no help...no assist)

Dear Captain Midnight,

Beware of those Ali/China outlets. I got mine from BangGood. Sounded good....how did I know. Came with other side of the world (China) satellite list. Tried to download U.S. sats. DB 9/RS232 Comm 1 connectors from old computers (luckily maybe with my old Dell Desktop). Still wouldn't speak to each other still. Will try to direct/manual loading TP's from U.S. Sat list per other user/member here (thanks) instructions. No instructions with SatHero (no speaka de English from China....no help...no assist)
Thanks, that is something I am prepared to deal with. Bottom dollar price comes with bottom or no support. Here is a link to some manuals. SH-200HD Downloads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)