Help with Antenna Selection - 34684

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hockeyrcks9901

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2020
Weeki Wachee FL
So I got some really great help last year and am looking for a little more. We're going to be moving at the end of the month into what is hopefully our "forever home"...

Rabbitears report: RabbitEars.Info

I've since switched away from Tablo to an HD Home Run with ATSC 3.0 tuners. Planning to mount it on the roof somewhere but not 100% sure where yet because I haven't a good chance to look at mounting points.

Must have channels from the report:

Optional:

I'm thinking one of these should do it, including the VFH-hi channels but not sure: https://www.newark.com/stellar-labs...deep-fringe-bowtie/dp/25AC5067?st=uhf antenna

What do you all think?

That antenna is OK for UHF reception but it is weak with VHF reception and you have 3 VHF stations. If you intend to point the bays in different directions, that reduces the power of the antenna overall and makes it even less desirable. Fortunately, all your desired stations are in the same direction.
I would recommend the Winegard Model: HD7694P or the Channel Master Digital Advantage 60.

Reactions: Tower Guy
Thanks for the feedback. I forgot about the HD7694P...I had just gone on Newarks site to look at the Stellar Labs products because I had such good results at my last place. Didn't even think of Winegard or Channel Master.

Thoughts on the Stellar Labs 30-2440 versus the Winegard HD7694P? I'm thinking the Winegard likely is a little bit better so I'll probably go that way but want to make sure I'm not missing anything else.

Thanks for the feedback. I forgot about the HD7694P...I had just gone on Newarks site to look at the Stellar Labs products because I had such good results at my last place. Didn't even think of Winegard or Channel Master.

Thoughts on the Stellar Labs 30-2440 versus the Winegard HD7694P? I'm thinking the Winegard likely is a little bit better so I'll probably go that way but want to make sure I'm not missing anything else.
VHF-HI gain appears to be better on the HD7694P but UHF appears to be slightly better on the Stellar Labs 30-2440 so likely a tradeoff between the two. Range is listed as higher for the Stellar Labs at 60 miles versus 45 miles for the Winegard. I have attached links to the technical data sheets for both. :)

Stellar Labs 30-2440: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2364651.pdf

Winegard HD7694P: https://www.perfect-vision.com/WebSupport/webstore/spec-sheets/HD7694P.pdf

Reactions: Rf Burns

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts