Help with Burning Discs!

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
Bought a Sony Handycam last winter which records directly to a hard disk drive (didn't want to have to mess with tapes, dvds, etc.) I am just now getting around to setting it up to get some of the video transferred to DVD via the computer.
I had recorded a bunch of the brother-in-laws' old super 8 movies from his teen years growing up on their farm. They were in a lot of little pieces which had no order to them. I made them into an ordered playlist on the camera, but when I went to transfer them to DVD using the supplied software, they went back the order they were recorded in.:mad:
So I then made them into a somewhat ordered playlist using Nero Express, but when I try to burn a disc, the process fails about 2/3 of the way through.:mad::mad: I tried Windows Movie Maker and it "encountered a problem and needs to close" (doncha just love Windows!) and also tried a different approach with Nero.
Trying to get this done for Christmas presents. They may have to settle for VHS as I figured that out a long time ago!
Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

...when I went to transfer them to DVD using the supplied software, they went back the order they were recorded in.
Probably using timestams. Rename each clip with a number in front of the name...

In Nero, the order the files will be burned is the order they were added to the compilation, despite the fact that you'll see them in alphabetical order in the compilation window...

On the Xmas present note, try using ProShow to create one video file (DVD, VCD, etc.) with all the clips incorporated in the desired order, with transitions and short descriptions of place and time. Adding appropriate sound track makes in even better...

Diogen.

Get VideoReDo(has a trial period) and either TMPGE DVD Author 1.6 or Ulead's Movie Factory 6 (both have trial periods I believe) use VideoReDo to edit files and save to one format (mpeg)then one of the other ones, I prefer MF6 now having used both to burn to DVD or even AVC HD or HD DVD readable Dvd 5 or 9 disc's... both support DL's

Thanks for the tips! I renamed the clips on Nero, took a few out and was able to burn it. Going to try to put back the ones I removed and try it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)