Help with buying a Tripod

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShaqDan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Houston, Tx.
I live in an apartment and unfortunately, I have to move my Dish from connected to railing on my balcony to a tripod. Can anyone suggest a tripod that I could buy (or does DirecTV sell them)? I have the HD Dish (not the Slimline, it's pretty good-sized). I've looked online (Ebay, etc) but really don't know what I am looking for, exactly. Thanks in advance.

I live in an apartment and unfortunately, I have to move my Dish from connected to railing on my balcony to a tripod. Can anyone suggest a tripod that I could buy (or does DirecTV sell them)? I have the HD Dish (not the Slimline, it's pretty good-sized). I've looked online (Ebay, etc) but really don't know what I am looking for, exactly. Thanks in advance.

Here is one, not cheap, though. You may find a better deal if you look:OPEN BOX ITEM - Ronard Ultra Duty 5 Foot Satellite Tripod 2 Inch O.D. for Slanted, Peak or Flat Roof (RON1011) | RON1101 [Ronard] | at9 mount long brace au9-s slim line Super dish 2 inch outer diamter 2 inch od OBO OPEN BOX ITEM

You don't want a five foot tripod. That's too tall amd it would be hard to keep stable with a 32 pound dish on top of it without fastening the legs down.

You would be better off buying a $35 Rhon heavy duty antenna tripod sold at any Radio Shack store. And, there is no shipping cost.

Even if you can find an exact 2 inch diameter pole needed to install the slimline, you cant get it into the tripod, unless you buy one of those expensive ones made for the 2 inch tube.

With the Radio Shack tripod, you can simply use a 1-5/8" chain link fence line post that can be had for $6 at Home Depot. You can use an adapter like the one a fellow installing subcontractor developed and manufactures and sells on eBay;

DirecTV AT9/AU9 KA/KU Adapter for old 1-5/8" pole - eBay (item 150211975149 end time Feb-07-08 19:00:23 PST)

We've done many installs with this system, and it is a real time and money saver. It simply works!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)