Soft release (Now National) of DVR Scheduler on DirecTV today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nice; almost exactly like the "myReplayTV" service.

DIRECTV customers who have a DIRECTV DVR can send a record request online through directv.com or on their mobile phones at m.directv.com. As of January 2008, customers with the DIRECTV PLUS DVR (models R15-100, R15-300, R15-500) and DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR (models HR20-700, HR20-100) will be able to use this service. To use this service, you do NOT need to connect the DVR to the internet.

To send a record request from directv.com, you will need a personal computer, internet browser, an internet connection and a directv.com user name and password. To send a record request on your mobile phone, you'll need a mobile phone, an internet browser, a mobile phone data plan without restrictions on addresses you can visit, and a directv.com user name and password.

(Can I record PPV) Yes, any title that you see in the DIRECTV Guide you will be able to record. As per general rules for the DIRECTV DVR, you will pay for the PPV title when you watch it.

Nice; almost exactly like the "myReplayTV" service.

-------------------
Looks like they have future features in mind also.......
"Can I set a series link?
No, this is simply for explicit individual programs. Series links are more likely to be set at home. Setting series links on your DVR is planned for future versions
--------------------
Can I delete content from my playlist so I have space for a recording?
In this version of the service, you will not be able to remotely manage your DVR from the PC or mobile phone.
---------------------------

I see that the HR-21 is not listed. Hopefully it will be in use on the next software release.

This is one reason multiple receivers may not be listed in the dropdown menu...only the receivers listed on the Q&A will show..

No I was referring to the fact that if you have other receivers such as the HR-21,
only those listed will show in the menu..
As of January 2008, customers with the DIRECTV PLUS DVR (models R15-100, R15-300, R15-500) and DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR (models HR20-700, HR20-100) will be able to use this service.

Beautiful! I was wondering if it is worth crawing behind my cabinet to figure out how to hard wire my future HR box to the router, D* anticipated one ahead of me:)

But what in the world they did not include HR21?

Im glad it rolling out nationally. I been using it for a while. I used it to set up schedules on my daughter hr20 while she watching it.

Beautiful! I was wondering if it is worth crawing behind my cabinet to figure out how to hard wire my future HR box to the router, D* anticipated one ahead of me:)

But what in the world they did not include HR21?

As the newer box, the HR21 seems to be behind the other boxes as far as getting new features. The official roll out for this is in February so maybe the HR21 will be ready by then

Yesterday afternoon, I had the record option on the website, but it didn't do anything. Now the option is gone entirely. :(

It's going to be -20 tonight, so I suppose I won't be going anywhere to need to schedule remotely for a couple days. :)

Yesterday afternoon, I had the record option on the website, but it didn't do anything. Now the option is gone entirely. :(

It's going to be -20 tonight, so I suppose I won't be going anywhere to need to schedule remotely for a couple days. :)

Try logging back in first, even though the page shows you as being logged in. That worked for me.

I set it to record Pens vs. Lightning, we'll see if it works. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't allow you to pad the end of the show. I always add an hour extra on sports shows in case it goes longer than scheduled.

just checked something to record that starts at 11 central even though I will be home to see if it works, showed both of my hr20-100's

As the newer box, the HR21 seems to be behind the other boxes as far as getting new features. The official roll out for this is in February so maybe the HR21 will be ready by then

Time to run out to Costco and see if I can still find an HR20. $169-$50 not too bad.

Can I ask the installer to prewire the second HDDVR but not activate, so I can call to activate a few days later?

If the installer refuses, what is the difference between one HDDVR and two HDDVR? Just two more cables?

Thanks for any advice. Can't wait for the installation tomorrow. I am not holding my breadth he will bring an HR20.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts