Receiver Search vs. Fetch Feature

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BryanSat88

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Albany, NY
My old RCA receiver (DRD420RE) had a nice feature called "Fetch" where you could enter in many "background" searchs and be alerted by a little flags in the guide next to matching searches if/when matching programs became available. This was helpful to find obscure actors, directors, or single episodes. My new receivers (R15 and D11) lack this feature and have a "manual", single item at a time search instead, but it only covers the current EPG and doesn't continue its search in the background.

Any ideas if D*tv plans to set up this feature as a software upgrade??? :confused: Am I the only person that preferred this old search feature???

It seems like the new receivers have a downgraded search feature, even though memory and processor power have become cheaper. Time for D*tv to dig out some old code (or license some from RCA) to make a quick and useful upgrade.

The HR2x DVRs have search with autorecord. You can put in an actor, title, keyword and have it record all shows that match the criteria. That is the closest thing I have seen to what you describe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Soft release (Now National) of DVR Scheduler on DirecTV today

DVR 80 with cable system?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)